Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Re: What\'s an Associates in Arts Degree do?

any education beyond high school looks good on a resume. figure out what you wanna do and go for it, even if it means working a crappy job and going to school at night.

best wishes and ingore the haters.

In all seriousness, it might help raise your starting pay at an entry level job, depending on your field, or help qualify you for a low-level administrative assistant or clerical type position. In general, not a lot, aside from put you that much closer to a BA.

NT

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, I just realized I will have a law degree in less than a year and I have no idea what to do with it. Can I actually use it somewhere? What do people with law degrees do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lie, cheat and steal like all the others?
Old 07-11-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, I just realized I will have a law degree in less than a year and I have no idea what to do with it. Can I actually use it somewhere? What do people with law degrees do?

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you are at a top 5 school and or are in the top 10% you can enjoy living at home and flipping burgers at a local wendy's with me. I should be up to register at that point, so i might have some pull in getting you a job. pm me in a year.

though you probably should have summered as a diswasher there this summer - you might want to look into it as you still have some time - even if it is just part time.

it's not the best job, but getting 6 nuggets instead of 5 and getting a large frosty for the price of a small seems to make everything ok.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:26 PM

what was the degree subject?
Old 07-11-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you are at a top 5 school and or are in the top 10% you can enjoy living at home and flipping burgers at a local wendy's with me. I should be up to register at that point, so i might have some pull in getting you a job. pm me in a year.

though you probably should have summered as a diswasher there this summer - you might want to look into it as you still have some time - even if it is just part time.

it's not the best job, but getting 6 nuggets instead of 5 and getting a large frosty for the price of a small seems to make everything ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

SackUp,

I do have a pretty sweet summer dishwashership at Burger, King & Associates this year. Not sure if I want to stay there after I graduate though, the hours they demand from first-year burger flippers are pretty sick.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SackUp,

I do have a pretty sweet summer dishwashership at Burger, King & Associates this year. Not sure if I want to stay there after I graduate though, the hours they demand from first-year burger flippers are pretty sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that about BK. Though flamed broiled and having it your way are some pretty good benefits - rare at most establishments nowadays. Something you should think about before you go somewhere else.

It will be nice to have that big name on your resume regardless. Transfering will be much easier in the future.

Maybe after a few years we can open up mia-sacks. I think there is a ring to it. Or maybe jag up. I'm flexible.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:51 PM

Most Associates in Arts Degree holders do something along these lines:

Old 07-11-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SackUp,

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that about BK. Though flamed broiled and having it your way are some pretty good benefits - rare at most establishments nowadays. Something you should think about before you go somewhere else.

It will be nice to have that big name on your resume regardless. Transfering will be much easier in the future.

Maybe after a few years we can open up mia-sacks. I think there is a ring to it. Or maybe jag up. I'm flexible.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my friends who graduated this year got a job at Fuddrucker's straight out of school. Pays like $8.00/hr. Sick.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SackUp,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my friends who graduated this year got a job at Fuddrucker's straight out of school. Pays like $8.00/hr. Sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't believe it. he must have been in the top 20% of harvard and on law review. those bastards get all the breaks. that or his daddy is a HUGE client of fuddruckers - does he eat there like 4 times a day or something?