Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Re: 5/10 how many big bets

I liked PF/flop/turn.

If you're sure of your read, then raise/fold is the optimal river line. But online, nobody's ever that sure plus weird stuff (like misclicks and tilt) happens so folding is out of the question. Which means its pretty close between raising and calling. So I'd go based on feel (and apparently you felt like calling which is just fine).
Old 07-10-2006, 11:55 PM

vmacosta,

capping the turn and calling if lead to on the river is much better. i might be ahead if 5 bets go in, but im almost certainly a dog if 6 do. that's a really bad river card too, some of his hands sucked out on me and he may be able to fold two pair sometimes.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vmacosta,

capping the turn and calling if lead to on the river is much better. i might be ahead if 5 bets go in, but im almost certainly a dog if 6 do. that's a really bad river card too, some of his hands sucked out on me and he may be able to fold two pair sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can get c/r on the river for 6 anyway if you lead.

True
Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vmacosta,

[/ QUOTE ]

you can get c/r on the river for 6 anyway if you lead.

True

[/ QUOTE ]
well yeah, but as long as he sometimes leads capping the turn is cheaper
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vmacosta,

[/ QUOTE ]

Gehrig,
I agree with most of your logic (except 2 pair will never fold and you know that), but not your conclusion.

Capping the turn and getting c/r'ed on the river = 6BB--and that's probably what's gonna happen if villain was weirdplaying AK/Ahxh, or legitimately playing a straight or set. Raising the river is nice because its a very scary card so we can't be 3bet by much (and really nothing can logically 3bet that we even tie).

Plus if we flat call the turn, we have a much better chance of ensuring only 4 BB total goes in if the river sucks (like 9h or something).

I'm more likely to cap if I were OOP because there I have less control on the river so I have to extract value when I can.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:40 AM

This looks like a standard set (maaaaybe 2 pair) play to me. I wouldn't put in any more than you.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:19 AM

Yeah I 3-bet the flop, you'll known a lot better where you're at afterward. As played I just call the three bet on the turn and just call the river bet, this is usually a straight, set, or maybe an overplayed two pair. More often than not this "weak-tight" player has you beat when he three bets that turn.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop, cap the turn, call the river.

True

[/ QUOTE ]
same, although the turn cap or call is really close and dependent on how I view TAG and how I think he views me. What makes it close is that our hand looks like a big ace that paired the turn so all worse two pair hands should be 3-betting.