Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 05:09 AM

Default Flopped straight, monotone board.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

I didn't have a read on MP1, but he seemed solid so far.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, T.
1 fold[/i]</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls,1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, 1 fold</font>, Hero raises</font>, 2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8, 9, 6 (4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero ???
Old 07-10-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Flopped straight, monotone board.

I really dont understand your preflop raise. I am folding T7s on all but the most loose tables.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:26 AM

Fold preflop.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:34 AM

Riight, so I don't get myself in these situations. Geez, I am a donk.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:41 AM

awful spot on the flop. I think the pot has become pretty big and heads up I probably call down hoping this is a set or something like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9

I dont think limping this on the button is that bad after 3 limpers but I wouldnt raise T7s
Old 07-10-2006, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is marginal but its hardly a disaster after 3 limpers on the button I think

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, a single preflop decision is never a disaster since any 2 cards can win. But with only 3 limpers I'd tend to say (without going through the maths) that limping with T7s is -EV and raising more so.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Riight, so I don't get myself in these situations. Geez, I am a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is the reason. True, if you play more marginal hands you'll find yourself in more awkward places postflop.

Here I really think that both limping and raising with T7s have a negative expectation unless maybe the whole table has limped already. Edit: This is even more true if "solid" players have limped.

I also think that raising is considerably worse than limping. You don't buy the button (you have it already), you throw out the blinds (with a speculative hand you want as many people in as possible) and you reduce your implied odds.

That said, had I accidentally limped or raised this, I call the flop and call down hoping to see A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] with a paired kicker (if he plays as you say he might have A9, though a solid player usually wouldn't play this in his position), provided I get it for one bet on each street. I won't call 2 bets on the turn.

Edit: I just noticed that we're HU anyway, and thus we definitely get it for 2.5 more bets. However, this also means that noone else is padding the pot.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
preflop is marginal but its hardly a disaster after 3 limpers on the button I think

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, a single preflop decision is never a disaster since any 2 cards can win. But with only 3 limpers I'd tend to say (without going through the maths) that limping with T7s is -EV and raising more so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt notice that hero raised preflop. That is not a good idea but limping is fine I think after 3 limpers.

Read

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post5276030
Old 07-10-2006, 10:34 AM

Other than playing this PF as the others suggested I would say call this down the rest of the way. If another diamond comes you have to fold to any bet.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:15 PM

My reason for raising is not just. Although, at my local cardroom 10 7 suited is part of my Shania. I bumped it because I had the button, and I felt like gambling. If I had limped I still think I play well enough post flop to make up for the lightness of my holding.

I was just curious if anybody would cap this flop in order to maintain the lead. Hopefully get checked to on the turn, and proceed from there. The reason why I would want to keep the lead is because I don't know what I am up against. So if it is 2 pair or a set. I may still win even if another diamond shows up. Since if a diamond shows up, and my opponnent bets I pretty much have to fold.