5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $98.10
CO: $98.50
Button: $167.39
SB: $129.49
BB: $100

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($24.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $17</font>, Hero ???
Old 07-10-2006, 01:11 AM

Default Re: 100NL AKs reraised by BB

bump
Old 07-10-2006, 01:18 AM

With no read I am probably getting away from this. If he is anything close to decent and is straightforward that flop smacked his range. Only thing you are beating is QQ, and even that would have a good # of outs. I'd wait for a read or a better spot.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:25 AM

I think you have to fold. Unless he reraised with AK or medium pockets, the only hand you're beating right now is QQ. If you call, you only end up building a pot with TPTK and that's a dangerous situation.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:54 AM

Think about this in the reverse direction. If BB had hit the flop hard, would he really bet to drive you out of the hand? If he hit two pair or a set or God-forbid, the straight, he wants you to stay. Three-quarter pot bet smells of someone who is hoping to scare you off, but not confident enough to go all-in. If he'd only bet 50% of the pot, I'd be a lot more worried.

Seriously think about calling or reraising. Maybe the fold is the right play, if you have any sort of info on the guy at all, but if you had a great flop, would you bet $17 on a coordinated rainbow flop heads-up? Answer that question, and you'll know how to play the hand.

This is also why sitting down with a smaller stack in a game like this is sometimes the better play. If you only had a $40 stack, you make the call or push. With $100 on the line, the consequences are dearer.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think about this in the reverse direction. If BB had hit the flop hard, would he really bet to drive you out of the hand? If he hit two pair or a set or God-forbid, the straight, he wants you to stay. Three-quarter pot bet smells of someone who is hoping to scare you off, but not confident enough to go all-in. If he'd only bet 50% of the pot, I'd be a lot more worried.

Seriously think about calling or reraising. Maybe the fold is the right play, if you have any sort of info on the guy at all, but if you had a great flop, would you bet $17 on a coordinated rainbow flop heads-up? Answer that question, and you'll know how to play the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]Fast play is the new slow play.

Betting the pot is the new betting to look weak.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Fast play is the new slow play.

Betting the pot is the new betting to look weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people haven't gotten that memo yet.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:06 AM

Change the jack to a spade and you can not fold.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:37 AM

i decided to just call
so now it looks like he's got either a full house tens full of jacks, AA, another KA, or air. quads are impossible, and KK is unlikely since i have a K. what now??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($98.50)
CO ($167.39)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($59.90)</font>
SB ($129.49)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($100)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($98.10)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $9.

Flop: ($26.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $17</font>, Hero calls $17.

Turn: ($60.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $35</font>, Hero ???
Old 07-10-2006, 11:51 AM

Without a read I think the best line is call the flop, fold the turn if you don't improve and he bets again. The jack has actually slightly helped your hand (making two pair/quads less likely) but even so I would still fold. If you were deeper I could see the argument for a push to fold out AA/AK, but no way is he folding those hands getting almost 4:1