Raise 12 25.53%
Call 11 23.40%
Fold 24 51.06%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: MISH-MASH III: THE MISHMASHENING

Alpha

1) Apology accepted
2) Stop saying you have “lost the game for the village”. No one player/role is that important (IMHO). We win and lose as a team. It is not about getting to the end, it is about how you play while you are around. If you are a vanilla villager, it is not always a bad thing to get lynched or eaten. You give power roles another day to live.
3) You will be a much better player if you don’t attack people, because someone says you are wolfy. No matter what you say, someone is going to say you are wolfy. It’s part of the game. Sometimes they believe it, sometimes they are making it up for a reaction.

With that said, I am still not convinced that you are a villager. I don’t completely agree with Zurvan. I don’t think it is only villagers that act like this when they are suspected. I think it is either A) someone with a power role (good or bad) or B) someone new to the game (good or bad), who hasn’t learned the team concept of the game yet. I just don’t know what you are right now. I do know that I will now always suspect you until you are gone. That is not a good thing to have in the end game.

Zurvan – if Alpha is evil, maybe his evil buddies weren’t <u>around</u> yesterday to tell him to STFU. Look through his posts yesterday. Up until about 9pm, he is a complete tool. At midnight, his posts are a little less aggressive - like he is trying to be good. And by 1:30ish, he is a kitten. Sounds to me like someone got to him between midnight and 1:30am.

Eskimo, Fnord, Pudley, Tokyo, and Chuckles all show up after midnight. If Alpha is evil, then I feel pretty sure one of them is also evil. Of that list, Eskimo would be my top pick. It is almost humorous how Alpha jumps on wdc with Eskimo and Eskimo jumps onto Fish to get away - like he was afraid Alpha had outed him. That was my first reaction to those posts.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:22 PM

Having double-checked the rules I vote mccread.

What I wanted to check before actually voting was that there was no cost involved in vote-changing by an evil faction. As there's no cost then IF mccread is evil it becomes almost a certainty that his faction would buy a vote off of him: that becomes doubly true if he's actually the vote-buyer himself.

Whilst this in no way negates the possibility that he won a coin-flip as a villager, it does make the likelihood of him being evil higher than for anyone else (in the absence of other evidence).
Old 07-09-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With that said, I am still not convinced that you are a villager. I don’t completely agree with Zurvan. I don’t think it is only villagers that act like this when they are suspected.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on this - I don't take excessive protestations of innocence as adding any weight in either direction. I seem to remember in a recent game someone spazzed out and the reaction of a few otherwise decent players was "oh, he must be a villager - he doesn't spazz out like that when he's a wolf.". He was, of course, a wolf.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Eskimo, Fnord, Pudley, Tokyo, and Chuckles all show up after midnight. If Alpha is evil, then I feel pretty sure one of them is also evil. Of that list, Eskimo would be my top pick. It is almost humorous how Alpha jumps on wdc with Eskimo and Eskimo jumps onto Fish to get away - like he was afraid Alpha had outed him. That was my first reaction to those posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

KM,
Excellent observation, I think you may be onto something here. The one detractor to your Eskimo theory is the post eskimo makes, quoting alpha and just saying "why".
If he really wanted to distance himself from alpha, I would imagine he'd avoid quoting him completely.

Based on posts today, I'm leaning away from mdd and towards suspecting aaron.
However, based on the arguments, I believe mccreadj is the correct play for today.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:26 PM

KM

When reading the thread, I didn't realize the time difference between AW being a twit &amp; him posting his apology. It all kind of runs together when you read it in one go.

That said, I'd put it as far more likely that he is a villager than a bad guy.

It seems likely he is giong to be lynched. If he is, and turns out that he is a space vampire, then I would want to look at that group that showed up between him being a dink and him apologizing.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:27 PM

I am voting mccreadj today. If he is evil then the vote switches to Boiler at the end of round one will have a lot more meaning.

If he isn't evil, then my apologies. The irony here is that I thought the bandwagoning on him on day one was awful.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan, while I agree with you that what happened on day 1 casts doubts on mcc that we really can't ignore (which is why I will vote for him tomorrow)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like this strategy in a Mafia game where the evil sides are turning the villagers. (announcing who you will vote for the next day)

vote mccreadj today
Old 07-09-2006, 02:50 PM

okay back to mccreadj. only reason i even voted AlphaWice was peer pressure [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay back to mccreadj. only reason i even voted AlphaWice was peer pressure [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

From your wolf buddies?
Old 07-09-2006, 03:36 PM

KM, you pretty much voiced everything I was thinking.

Alpha's change in behavior is was strange. I think its possible his explosion was haulted in evil chat. Flipping out doesn't make him any more villagery. I know a few players who spaz as a wolf as a reverse tell though I think this is very level 1 hyper-defensive wolf. He flipped when I suspected him and the problem only compounded when he started receiving more votes.

In short, despite his calming I still think AlphaWice is wolfia

-----------------
I dont have any strong reads but here are some other suspicions:

Fishmonger: Going with the flow, also not much input.

Eskimo-Sickness: I highly doubt WDC would openly admit he would like to lynch a villager if he was in fact vampmonkia and the vote for him was weaksauce. And when Alpha hops on with WDC with him, and he changes to fish just to "see what happens." I also agree with KM on Esk's reaction here.

Nuggetz: No input, massive badwagon hopping, wishy-washiness, plz use more smiley faces.

Fnord: He has no time to make a post but instead of talking about who the vampmokia in the one he gets in, all he talks about are pencaps and chewing gum.

--------------
And lo and behold, here is the mass exodus from the AlphaWice wagon. I think its just as likely that he is evil and all other evil piled on since he made such a huge spectacle of himself.