FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A2-A7s. MP2. No limpers. Average players to see a flop = 3-4
Raise 12 25.53%
Call 11 23.40%
Fold 24 51.06%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2006, 10:06 AM

Default Re: MISH-MASH III: THE MISHMASHENING

Thebram- amen brother. very well said. AW, don't worry, I suck at this god forsaken game as well, but its still fun, so keep that in mind. Also, once in a while you may be able to own a game and shove it in Kyro's face. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I know tensions can become flared, but no one really hates you in real life (that much).

Vote AW.

Guys- its possible that one of the deaths could have been a Jekyll/Hyde death as well; in fact, after rereading the rules, it seems VERY likely to have been Rogue. Remember, we have five non-evil killers on our side: Buffy, Rorshach, JH, FGP, and Indiana Jones (with Ark of Covenant). Indy and FGP seem unlikely (I doubt Indy has found the Ark yet, and even if he has I doubt he used it Night 1). Also, FGP's actions in the past have been much more bombastic and fun. However, WillMagic was attacking Rogue yesterday, so I don't see a JH kill on Rogue too inconceivable. If this is the case, then its likely WM was killed by Rorshach, an evil faction, or Buffy. I'm leaning towards a Rorshach or Buffy kill; if this is the case, we could be looking at two attempted conversions last night for the baddies. That leaves us with a slim lead of 15-10 if both conversions were successful.

My .02. I'm heading out for a few hours, I'll be back tonight. Vive la France!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:28 AM

Sorry I missed yesterday, but I should be around for most of today.

A few thoughts on yesterday - Alpha seems to be a villager. But he's doing what I hate most in a villager, and distracting the village with his ridiculousness. I hope he's gotten over that, and won't be doing it again.

Other than that, I do like wdc's logic in regards to mccreadj. Something had to have happened at the end of the night to prevent boiler from being able to save himself. It's either a coin flip that landed badly, or the evils bought a vote away from mccreadj or on to boiler. Of course, even if the evils did buy votes in his favour, it doesn't mean he's evil. Given the situation, it's more likely he's evil than not in the vote buying scenario. As long as mcc is around, we'll be wondering whether it was bad luck or space vampire manipulation. I would far prefer a mccreadj vote over an alphawice one.

Here's a vote count I put together this morning. I suspect there's some mistakes on there, but it's something to work with. It seems like we almost have a majority on a guy because he acted like an [censored]. After apologizing last night, I hope he thinks about why people are so upset at him, and reforms himself. I really don't think he's a space vampire.

[ 1 ] aaronk56 votes alphawice
[ 12 ] AlphaWice votes alphawice
[ 0 ] chuckleslovakian votes
[ 0 ] Elevens votes alphawice
[ 0 ] ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S votes fishmonger
[ 1 ] Fishmonger votes alphawice
[ 0 ] fnord_too votes
[ 0 ] GetThere1Time votes alphawice
[ 0 ] Hornacek votes alphawice
[ 0 ] Kumubou votes
[ 0 ] kyro votes alphawice
[ 0 ] KyrosMother votes alphawice
[ 1 ] mccreadj votes
[ 0 ] MDoranD votes alphawice
[ 0 ] Nicholas27 votes alphawice
[ 0 ] Nuggetz votes
[ 0 ] pudley4 votes
[ 0 ] Spook votes
[ 0 ] SynSid votes
[ 0 ] thebram votes
[ 0 ] Tokyo votes aaronk56
[ 0 ] VoraciousReader votes alphawice
[ 1 ] wdcbooks votes wdcbooks
[ 0 ] xorbie votes alphawice
[ 0 ] Zurvan votes mccreadj

I'd really like to see some of the people that have been invisible in this game come in & contribute some more. As far as I remember, SynSid hasn't posted once, and there's several people that haven't voted at all.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:36 AM

change to mccread . I agree Alpha is probably just the village idiot.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:50 AM

Zurvan, while I agree with you that what happened on day 1 casts doubts on mcc that we really can't ignore (which is why I will vote for him tomorrow), I think the same applies to AW and his meltdown today. I don't see why he would do this as a spacemonkey or a villager, but the whole thing just sets off too many alarm bells to ignore. Plus, if this is any indication of his capabilities, he won't be much use later anyway.

Question to Madtown : Is there an alternate lined up if SynSid doesn't show up today?
Old 07-09-2006, 11:01 AM

12 votes on AW, somethin aint right. Just got coffee, need to get a few tables hours in, then I will read all of alpha's posts and go back over the tokyo/bobo feud the first day, and maybe over the rules yet again. I probably wont be able to really keep up until tomorrow when I am at work, I figure it will take at least an hour today to come up with any semblance of a reasonable vote for tonight.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:18 AM

fish

With the ability of the evil factions to communicate outside the thread at any time, I can't imagine that AW's space vampire buddies wouldn't tell him to STFU when he started going crazy. I also can't imagine an evil doing something like that. I have seen villagers act like that more than once - Scott Howard & Shortline used to do that a lot as villagers.

Lynching alpha today isn't terrible. I do think it's a mistake. His defense was quite villagerish.

Let's see what else develops today, we've got nearly 12 hours before the lynching.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:10 PM

Sorry for missing 1st day - somehow I got it into my head that the game started today.

At the moment I'm inclined towards a mcrread vote - but want to double-check a few things before actually making it.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
12 votes on AW, somethin aint right. Just got coffee, need to get a few tables hours in, then I will read all of alpha's posts and go back over the tokyo/bobo feud the first day, and maybe over the rules yet again. I probably wont be able to really keep up until tomorrow when I am at work, I figure it will take at least an hour today to come up with any semblance of a reasonable vote for tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

A high vote count isn't anything like as suspicious as usual due to there being 2 evil factions. If someone genuinely looks wolfy then you'd expect votes to pile on from the other wolfy faction as well as from villagers - maybe moreso.

Whereas I can easily see why people conclude AW is a moron I'm not so clear on why people think he's a wolf. IF he turns out to be one faction then I'd be looking hard at whoever led the drive on him for members of the other faction.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IF he turns out to be one faction then I'd be looking hard at whoever led the drive on him for members of the other faction.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be convenient if you guys were part of the same faction.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:21 PM

also, gone for world cup.