Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2006, 01:03 AM

Default So I\'m Finally Converting to 6Max: Tips?

A bit of history that nobody probably really cares about:

Until 2006 I had sworn off internet poker because it was obviously rigged, losing a few deposits here and there, convinced it was bad luck. Found 2+2 January 2006 and deposited $40 on PS to play $2NL full ring, multitabled it up to 200NL and 400NL, switching to Party somewhere inbetween. I never really considered switching to 6max, since 12 tables of full ring was incredibly easy and routine, and ~150/hr wasn't worth giving up (at the time) to learn something new. However, it really has gotten boring and the games are getting somewhat tougher.

I currently play a 16/8/2 game at full-ring, overrolled for 200NL and 400NL on PP. I want to play a similar TAG game, starting at 200NL 6max, and have a bunch of questions.

1. What are standard TAG stats that I should be shooting for? From what I can tell, it looks like 24/16ish is where a lot of 2+2ers are at?
2. My standard CB for full-ring was 3/4, but most 6max people I run into advocate PSBs for CBs, why?
3. I played ~500 hands today of 200NL, but was only 17/13/4, and couldn't figure out what I should be limping or calling to boost my VP$IP.

Hopefully, I'll take what I learn here, try to apply it for a week, and then check back.

Thanks for your replies!
Old 07-09-2006, 01:07 AM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!
Default Re: So I\'m Finally Converting to 6Max: Tips?

I think anything from 20/15 to 28/20 is good. CB more definitely because you will floated constantly.

Just raise and steal more on the button and in position. Seriously let loose from the button.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think anything from 20/15 to 28/20 is good. CB more definitely because you will floated constantly.

Just raise and steal more on the button and in position. Seriously let loose from the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

How loose from the button? I'm opening any ace, any suited connector, any pair, any suited two-gapper, any two broadways. Should this be my PFR range from the button even with a limper or two? Limp behind?
Old 07-09-2006, 01:12 AM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How loose from the button? I'm opening any ace, any suited connector, any pair, any suited two-gapper, any two broadways. Should this be my PFR range from the button even with a limper or two? Limp behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty good range. Typically with one limper I'll usually still raise a lot, sometimes I'll based on other factors and some hands (A2o) I'll just ditch.

Oh and suited Kx.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:30 AM

Honestly, it depends on how good you play post flop.

I am a firm believer that preflop stats dont matter. Ive seen good players at 6max that play 12/10 and some that play 42/23. Find out what works for you and integrate your preflop game with your post flop game.

I play about 30/20. Some say i'm "too loose" and I would do better if I played tighter. Nah. Ive worked up the ranks so fast, and my preflop game has hardly changed at all.

Preflop rarely matters. Its all dependant on how comfortable you are post flop and your hand reading skills.

TAG sucks, LAGs make all the money. Remember that. Image is everything.

-Tickner
Old 07-09-2006, 01:41 AM

Oh and jigs, three betting a wide range of hands preflop is a must. It makes tons of money. People don't know how to adjust to it. Also don't overlimp too much, raise instead.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:57 AM

bump for the morning crowd
Old 07-09-2006, 06:40 AM

Be carefull with a that LAG advice, a good lag wins the most money perhap .. but a bad LAG is also the biggest loser.

TAG might not be sexy, but it still wins