Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Re: iPod advice

I got a nano (2 Gig) for Christmas, and I wish I would have taken it back and gotten the 30 Gig simply for storage size. I don't even have that many CDs/songs and my nano holds much less than half my songs.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a nano (2 Gig) for Christmas, and I wish I would have taken it back and gotten the 30 Gig simply for storage size. I don't even have that many CDs/songs and my nano holds much less than half my songs.

[/ QUOTE ]i have ~11gigs on my itunes, cant you keep them all on itunes and switch around what songs you put on itunes?
Old 07-08-2006, 01:51 PM

same thing happened to my friends 30GB IPOD. He thought his Ipod was dead. Then we found out sometimes they do freeze up and just need to be reset. Try this from the IPOD website.
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705
Old 07-08-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
same thing happened to my friends 30GB IPOD. He thought his Ipod was dead. Then we found out sometimes they do freeze up and just need to be reset. Try this from the IPOD website.
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

[/ QUOTE ]TY, I also saw that, and when I pluged it into my comp again to do what it says the insides burnt up. Mine was about 1.5 years old, so it wasnt that big of a loss.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i have ~11gigs on my itunes, cant you keep them all on itunes and switch around what songs you put on itunes?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can, but I find it a bit of a hassle that could have been cleared up by spending $50. Then I could keep all my songs for the forseeable future on the iPod and not have to worry about moving stuff around or letting iTunes pick for me and sometimes get stuck without some of the songs I want to have.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:43 PM

the rumor is that the next gen of ipods aren't coming for a while...maybe Christmas time. I think they were having trouble getting the touchscreen to work.

anywho, I think the 30gb video is really the sweet spot in the lineup. the nano doesn't hold enough music for me, and the 60gb is more expensive and bigger. unless you have that much music, then you don't need the 60gb.

if you're really concerned with watching movies, then get a PSP or something else.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:51 PM

with the PSP dont you have to buy the $30 "dvd" for each one? The apealing thing about the ipod was that I could convert my dvds I have now and put them on the ipod. Can you also do that with the PSP? I am clueless about the PSPs, but arent the memory cards really small and expensive?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with the PSP dont you have to buy the $30 "dvd" for each one? The apealing thing about the ipod was that I could convert my dvds I have now and put them on the ipod. Can you also do that with the PSP? I am clueless about the PSPs, but arent the memory cards really small and expensive?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can convert your DVDs and watch them on a PSP. You do not have to buy Sony's format and I believe that it is virtually dead. You will need a DVD decryption program for either.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:58 PM

If you can afford it, I would definitely go with the 60GB Video, but you may want to do some research about the next release - the battery life for the video now is pretty poor, but it is something that is being worked on...

Gojacketz
Old 07-08-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can afford it, I would definitely go with the 60GB Video, but you may want to do some research about the next release - the battery life for the video now is pretty poor, but it is something that is being worked on...

Gojacketz

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, I wanted to get a 60GB, but they have been out for so long I am just going to get the nano for now, and buy a new "big" iPod when the next gen comes out. I bought my g/f an iPod for her bday and then the video iPods were announced like a week later, totaly missed the boat there, and would hate to spend $400 on an iPod again and have it be out of date in a month or two.