Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 05:43 PM

Default AQs UTG. Do I have to see the river from here?

I am licking my chops. After an hour of waiting I get a seat in 9 handed live $6-$12 ring game. The general feel is that of the free holdem games on Yahoo.
Most hands have 6-7 players seeing the flop. Raises from any position are almost always called and frequently reraised/capped by players holding anything from legit hands to small connectors (maybe suited), small pairs, A anything, and any two suited. Straddles and restraddles are not uncommon.
In general it is a table of gamblers thinking any two, will do.

I am delt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG and raise.
two folds, MP2 3bets (all in), MP3 caps (I have seen him do this with 23s) everybody else calls the cap, and I call.

27SB in pot.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Both blinds check, I bet, all call to the BB who raises (he is capable of doing this with a King, flush/straight draw or an A). 33 SB in the pot with more to come.

What the heck do I do now???

I hate folding in a pot this huge but it is likley that if I call or raise here that it will get capped back to me. I have no good guess what it will cost me to see the river but it could be the max. Folding seems stupid but I am probably drawing thin or dead.

Thanks for your help
Old 07-07-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: AQs UTG. Do I have to see the river from here?

call down.. pot is huge.. no way to fold.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:23 PM

this is an easy call IMO
Old 07-07-2006, 07:12 PM

You cant really protect once the pot is so huge, but you can call all the way down
Old 07-07-2006, 07:30 PM

You have to 3 bet it after BB c/r to thin the field. Even though the line is thin it is important to knock out or charge small pp from drawing out. Although you may be behind, it increases your chances to win the pot.

If BB caps then c/c all the way.

If you able to isolate w/the 3 bet I might check the turn to get to cheap showdown.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:07 AM

You should defiently 3 bet here. You still may have the best hand here and a fold is out of the question and a call is just horrible! Three bet and try and thin the field. You dont always need the best hand to bet and reraise. Here 3 betting should work in several ways. It should thin the field a little, thus improving your winning %, it allows you to take the lead in the hand if only for a minute and it also may buy you a free card and see the river for CHEAP!!! Then you could just call the river hopefully saving the multiple bets you may face on the turn.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:16 AM

Given the sound of the game a 3-bet accomplishes almost nothing. You may not be able to thin the field at all if all the players are indeed the calling stations/lags that you have indicated. The pot is so tremendously huge the chances of them folding become even less, even with some completely hopeless hands. Their erratic play also makes reading their hands very difficult. You may have been check raised by a flush draw or bad ace or gutshot... but you also may have been flat called by a king. Call this raise and see what happens behind you.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:39 PM

Sounds like you need to call down and pray you hit an A for the extra assurance you have the best hand
Old 07-08-2006, 11:00 PM

Your read says that Villains all have random hands. It is impossible to protect your hand (as the pot is huge and it sounds like they're calling anyway). 3bet for value.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:27 AM

I'd probably have taken at trip to town here thinking I have the best hand. If it seems that the villian just doesn't care what I have, then I'll get worried he has a K.

Also, I'm curious where this game is because I wouldn't mind getting some of that action.