Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $15.70
UTG+1: $8.50
CO: $10.45
Button: $46.20
Hero: $56.55
BB: $22.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.5, 5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5.5</font>.

Hero: ???????????
Old 07-07-2006, 04:03 PM

Default Re: whats your move???

Again...trying to improve my play here and looking for feedback...

Call it weak...but I'd call...because I'd think the UTG would limp with a suited Ace-rag....then I'd hope to boat up on the river. Then again, he could've limped with J-10 off and trying to push you out. Feel free to help me out here...
Old 07-07-2006, 04:09 PM

I would have made a 2 or 3 dollar bet on the turn even though its a flush card. You can hope he maybe tries to slow play you and only calls, giving you a chance to fill on the river. That assumes you are behind. Maybe he has a jack and thinks he has the best hand now.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:10 PM

I think a big mistake is not betting the turn. You essentially tell the table that you're scared of the flush. I'd lead the turn for $6-7 and re-evaluate from there.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:19 PM

I'd fold pf, as played i'd repop the flop to 4 instead of 3.5. Lead the turn for 6-7 and dump it to any resistance. Once you check the turn, any good villain is going to rep the flush and blow you off your hand.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:33 PM

I would fold preflop with 84s from the SB.

I would have bet $2 on the flop with open trips and expected to win unless somebody had a J, in which case they'd probably just call. If they raised, I would expect to see villain with a better 8 (like J8, K8, or A8), in which case I could fold my not-so-strong trip 8s in an unraised, family pot out of position to lots of aggression from villain either on the flop or turn after I'd initially led out for $2.

On the turn, you should bet/fold or check/fold. The only legitimate hand you are beating that villain might play like this is AsJx. Otherwise, he has a full house (J8/85) or better trips (A,K/8), or a flush.

Very few players bluff with nothing over somebody showing strength on a flop and turn like this. Villain has something, and there are few "somethings" that you're beating.

So, as played, since you chose not to lead again on the turn, I think you can fold and be reasonably sure that you are beaten, if not by a flush or full house, then at least by a better 8.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:44 PM

keep in mind the guy only has $10 left after the flop
Old 07-07-2006, 05:31 PM

You really have to figure the possible hands he could be betting with which are:

Flush
Flush Draw or another bluff
Trips worse kicker
Trips better kicker
Full

Assumming the above you are only ahead in 2/5 likely scenarios(40%). Next, consider your chances of improving to the best hand. 10 cards will improve your hand (approx 21% chance of improving). However, even if you improve you will still be behind to a higher full. So let's assume you have about a 1/3 chance of improving and still being behind. Therefore, you you will improve to the best hand only 14% of the time.

Add the 14% to the 40% and you're a slight favorite to win a showdown. You get 2.6 to 1 on the $5.50 call and since it's a coinflip, a call is justified. However, pushing all in may be the best play because you give yourself another out... the small chance he may fold and you taking the pot right there

Agree... Disagree???
Old 07-07-2006, 05:42 PM

good point...Given the check, villains bet is more likely to be with a marginal hand or possibly a bluff than if he called or raised if you bet the turn. I'd argue that this adds to my earlier point that a call or raise is the right play here.