Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Chip structure at low limit tables in Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Someone should pass a law making it illegal to spread 5/10 games. They are most annoying since there is so much less action.

Just make it 4/8 already.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

4 chip/8 chip games rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!! Unless it's 5/10 with a 5 chip / 10 chip game structure. Those games really rule!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (especially 25/50 games with $5 chips)
Old 07-07-2006, 05:24 PM

A side note about cash at the table. At the MGM, only $100 bills play. So you can't pull out a $20 at the last and expect to add it to your stack if you are playing low limits. I hate going all in in low limit particularly if I I FINALLY have good hand. So in LV, I have to buy my chips earlier to prevent that from happening on those "rare" (50%+or-) ocassions when I am losing.

These rules may be different than you are used to; they were for me my first visit.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up. At Foxwoods 2/4 you can buyin for $20 minimum and leave any cash under the chips. If you bust out you can re-buy for $20 or more again.

Sad story one time I busted a kid (under 25) and he tried to put his last ten bucks up and was disappointed when he couldn't. I think it worked out best for him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]