Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 04:54 PM

Default When i play two tourneys at WSEX.. it lags

Hey lately,

I've been having a problem when i play two sit n go's or mulit's at wsex. I've been playing mainly multis and sit n go's til they finally get that bug fixed which allows people to cheat and see cards for free without even paying blinds.
When i play two tables lately, the cards on the flop come out slower and things just lag. When its my turn to act.. either its lagged so bad i cannot even respond/ play( I lost about 60 dollars to this bug so far) or i might have like 5 secs by the time i'm able to make a response.
I just dont see how it could be on my end cuz i have dsl and never had problems when i use to play at party before wsex came out. Wsex said nobody else was complaining about it though. Anybody have any idea why the software is lagging? I think its definitely on their end and hopefully the technicians, who are working on a bunch of things there will fix everything eventually for us.

Anybody have any good ideas as to why the software lags .. when i play two tourney tables? even though i have cable modem. When i play one table it runs fine.

Ps - so far at wsex.. am up only a measly 60 bucks .. and have saved $2076 dollars in rake.. yeh not paying rake makes all the difference between being a winning player and a losing player... and this is expert advice. At any other site i'd be down over 2 grand due to rake.. only started with 180 bucks and have saved about ten times my bankroll just in rake.. lol .. crazy.. that people still pay rake.

Can anybody really , truly justify playing anywhere else .. when playing under ten twenty limit?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Re: When i play two tourneys at WSEX.. it lags

I can play two tables without lag (usually), but I can never open a third without screwing things up. I've played 8 sitngos at UB without a problem on the same computer, so I can't figure it out...
Old 07-07-2006, 05:41 PM

Try CTRL+ALT+DELETE, go to processes, rightclick on wpex.exe and choose "higher than normal"-priority. It has helped for some at least.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:55 PM

it might be because wsex is the most rigged site evar! after cashing out my rake i always take a huge hit the next 3-4 days. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 07-08-2006, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wsex said nobody else was complaining about it though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, they improved the lag issue with the last release, and probably thought they fixed it, but it still rears it's ugly head at times. Those of us who run into it need to all email support to let them know it is still a problem.
[ QUOTE ]
Try CTRL+ALT+DELETE, go to processes, rightclick on wpex.exe and choose "higher than normal"-priority. It has helped for some at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

This helps. I do it and I do the reverser for Poker Tracker and other memory/CPU hogs: setting their processes to 'Run with lower than normal Priority' also helps. Have to do it each time you start the program.

I can play 3 tables without much trouble it seems now. I have an older but still pretty robust desktop w/ 1.25 gig of dual channel RAM, but if I run PT, and especially if I run PT w/ a couple of gametime windows, then it will lag like hell when PT imports.

Resetting the priorities makes them run with no problem.

B.