Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Small PPs Preflop

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm the only one that folds these? I read somewhere that you weren't suppose to isolate w/low pp and I've been sticking to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you read this? I've been isolating like a beast with hands like 44-66 .... maybe i should start coolin' it a little.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:35 AM

I usually limp. It is much easier to tell where you are. If it's checked around to you after limping you have a decent chance of having the best hand. If anyone bets ahead of you it is a very easy hand to get away from when you miss your set.
Isolating is fine when you think you can get HU versus weak opponents.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play against will call me down with bottom pair, no, wait, A-high very often, regardless of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat A high. If they call you down everytime with that, playing these hands is a no brainer.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play against will call me down with bottom pair, no, wait, A-high very often, regardless of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat A high. If they call you down everytime with that, playing these hands is a no brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, my opponents always have A-high when they call down. Yay, bet, bet, bet.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:12 PM

Well at least we've narrowed it down to either calling, raising or folding. At Party 2/4, where typical blinds will rarely fold, I can't see much value in raising an unknown UTG limper from the button. And like other posters have said, a call can't really be jusitifed on set value alone. But there will be times when you have the best hand on the flop UI and you've got premium position. So with unknowns, I typically limp. If you know blinds are tight, however, I think a raise is fine. And I just can't fold pairs preflop OTB if there has not been a raise yet. Maybe that's a leak.

If I'm in MP I like limping after UTG even more. What Party 2/4 player can resist limping in with any suited crap or connectors if UTG and MP are already in? I think it gets 5+ handed enough in this game that you can do it for set value alone.