Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2006, 04:14 PM

Default John Dagostino

I know that he is a strong tournament player. Just wondering if anyone knows whether he is as good a cash game player.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:19 PM

Default Re: John Dagostino

I think he is a great cash game player, moreso than tournaments. He consistantly cleans up at 50/100NL on Full tilt and not many people will play him heads up Limit. He also made the comment one night on full tilt he should be close to playing the big game by the end of the year.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:56 PM

When he plays live to he plays 400/800 and said he has played up to 1k/2k or maybe 2k/4k ? Can't remember but it was one of these. Great player. And he plays EVERY game very well as well. He's not just a hold em player.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:13 PM

I remember watching John on Full Tilt one night, he and some other guy each had $15K in front of them. John was taking a beating, got down to around 6 or 7K and I ran to eat some dinner, came back in about 45 minutes the other guy was gone and John's new total read $30K LOL.

Yeah he's a good cash game player. I've watched him on numerous occassions and haven't really seen him log a losing session mainly because the guy never stops playing...LOL
Old 07-06-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember watching John on Full Tilt one night, he and some other guy each had $15K in front of them. John was taking a beating, got down to around 6 or 7K and I ran to eat some dinner, came back in about 45 minutes the other guy was gone and John's new total read $30K LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you made quite an assumption there.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you made quite an assumption there.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was playing the guy heads up no one else at the table...there was only $30K on the table I came back and he went from his original $15K buyin to losing over half that to $30K not that big an assumption...LOL

I guess from the time I quit watching John almost went bust was down to $1K and then 6 other players sat down and proceeded to feed him $5K each in chips with the exception of one guy who only lost $4K and got up because he realised he was on tilt
Old 07-06-2006, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And he plays EVERY game very well as well. He's not just a hold em player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm this. He is one of the Full Tilt Pros who play HORSE sng's once in a while. I have played him short handed a few times in these and he completely outplayed me. I've played 6-8 different pros in those HORSE sng's and I think he's the best one I've seen.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:55 PM

He is very good/honest. If you read interview or listen to different broadcasts he has been on, he is always honest. I remember the interview where it asked how he moved up in stakes so quickly and he said simply "I ran good, always had winning sessions" granted this was right when he started but was willing to talk about it
Old 07-07-2006, 01:46 AM

when he's not coming down from the SLOPES than he's okay. but sometimes it's blizzard conditions.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when he's not coming down from the SLOPES than he's okay. but sometimes it's blizzard conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm sure you have first-hand knowledge of this.