Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2006, 11:43 AM

Default HH review questions

Sorry for posting this here guys, but I posted in the software forum and got no response. My searches found little to help me. I checked the review sessions faq and hints and tips and still couldn't find the answer. So here goes.

I just started doing HH reviews. Unfortunatly Ive run into a few problems.

I can't find the HHreview program. It seems to have dissappeared about 3 months ago. I saw one post asking about where to find it, no one responded. The few links, in posts generated around the first of the year, are now dead. Anyone know where to find this program?

2nd, another pogram Poker Hand Reviewer which allows you to add comments in RTF format works nice, but I was only able to import Party Poker Hands into. Is pp the only site the HH will work with it? Curious because I exported HH from pt to use in the program.

My final question (if your still reading), are their any other programs out there that may work about the same?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:46 AM

Default Re: HH review questions

I just use poker tracker. I replay all the hands from the session using the auto-play feature. Then when I see an interesting hand I stop the hands, write down the hand # in a text file and write my comments beside it.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:30 PM

I've only reviewed once myself so others may have better ways, but I also use PT.

I actually step through the hands rather than autoplaying them. Also make sure that you are not looking at known hole cards. This way I think about what I would do and when the reviewee differs I make note in a word document that I have open with the hand histories. I also note reads as I go to see if I can develop anything that comes into play later in the session that I would think the reviewee should have noticed.

It takes time to do it this way, but I feel it is very thorough and very honest this way since you are making decisions before seeing how the reviewee played it.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:54 PM

This is the way I may have to do it from now on. Was hoping someone had some insight on these other programs as well.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:56 PM

Using Pokertracker for the hand reviews