Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Re: This website and why I love [censored]

As I've said elsewhere, I think [censored]'s actions are fine. His tone and pot stirring is not, and his attitude towards other mods is lousy.

I think when the conversation ends up talking about weird, hard to measure concepts like "degrading the website" we're losing touch.

Focus on real, tangible effects of what happens.

Things get stirred up and people start getting upset when [censored] does something big and loud like his mass culling. That doens't really help anything. Most of the people who ended up being nuked were begging for it in their posts, and no big public display was needed.

Again, if people look at what [censored] has done, in terms of who he has banned and the posts he's deleted, I think he's done a very good job. Where he fails is in creating drama for the sake of drama. If that can be curtailed, I think everything is fine.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I've said elsewhere, I think [censored]'s actions are fine. His tone and pot stirring is not, and his attitude towards other mods is lousy.

I think when the conversation ends up talking about weird, hard to measure concepts like "degrading the website" we're losing touch.

Focus on real, tangible effects of what happens.

Things get stirred up and people start getting upset when [censored] does something big and loud like his mass culling. That doens't really help anything. Most of the people who ended up being nuked were begging for it in their posts, and no big public display was needed.

Again, if people look at what [censored] has done, in terms of who he has banned and the posts he's deleted, I think he's done a very good job. Where he fails is in creating drama for the sake of drama. If that can be curtailed, I think everything is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible to effectively moderate OOT without stirring up trouble and being a c[/i]unt.

[/ QUOTE ]

To elaborate, I don't disagree with a lot of the actions he has taken to moderate OOT but I do disagree with his tone and a lot of the actions he has taken to stir up trouble and cause drama.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you're letting the enjoyment you get from the drama that [censored] creates bias your opinion of him as a moderator. It's possible to effectively moderate OOT without stirring up trouble and being a c[/i]unt. But if you want a total misanthrope to continue to degrade this website, so be it; I've said my piece.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this helpful. Thank you.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:25 PM

Mat,

Thanks for posting your thoughts, I think this is really important and hasn't been done enough.

I have a response in line with Jim's and Jason's that I will post later.

Meanwhile...

[censored],

Since you like it rough.... here's the unedited/uncivilized version... I never realized how much of a brown noser you were... you are shoved so far up Mat's ass he can't even see straight...
Old 07-06-2006, 03:37 PM

Jason, Sniper

Crude and crass doesn't help your cases at all. The reverse, in fact, so no more please?
Old 07-06-2006, 03:49 PM

It's my feeling that OOT keeps people who would otherwise lose interest in the website coming back to 2+2. These people play various levels and quantities of poker. By retaining them on the site they are then kept up to date on the publishing activities of 2+2 and purchase 2+2's books as a result. I think in some cases these people if they were to leave 2+2 all together as a result of not being drawn into OOT would not make these purchases.

Additionally while poker is not a topic of OOT it is still the overriding theme of the site, its the glue that binds us all. I think that by having OOT it keeps some recreational players who may otherwise lose interest and stop playing poker all together interested in, or coming back to poker and that these people also purchase books.

Last week I got a PM from a well known and well like female OOT poster who expressed interest in getting started with poker. I pointed her to some 2+2 books. This was a poster who had been posting in OOT for quite some time and now will be getting started in poker. I doubt this would of happened in without OOT.

Finally, I think OOT keeps some of the best players (El Diablo, Bruiser, Clark, Daryn) interested and active on the site. Whether they post in strategy or not having posters who are known as very successful players and who give 2+2 a lot of credit for their success is a huge asset to the forum as a whole as it gives nwe players/posters a concrete example as to why the 2+2 books and forums can be valuable to them.

The only mods I go after are the ones who I feel have no desire to ever understand let alone participate in OOT but feel the need to constantly give their rather meaningless and ill informed opinion on the forum. On the other hand I appreciate it when mods like Dids, Mr Wookie, Stabn and others disagree with me because I know that they are not just looking to take a shot, that they too care about the forum and most importantly they understand the forum. Yet you are free to give whatever opinions on me that you desire all I ask is that I have the same opportunity.

Mat,

thank you for the kind words.

The rest,

I'm feeling rather mellow today so I'll leave it at that
Old 07-06-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[censored],

Since you like it rough.... here's the unedited/uncivilized version... I never realized how much of a brown noser you were... you are shoved so far up Mat's ass he can't even see straight...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper,

There is a reason why you are overwhelmingly thought of as a complete [censored] and a joke. Infact you are a running joke, and DB selecting you as a mod TQZ is considered a joke. And Sniper these are not A-holes like but instead these are nice posters and other mods who pretty much since you started here have asked the all too commmon question "what's up with Sniper, is he just a complete [censored]?" to which I answer ya, its pretty incredible actually. Sniper, when good well known strategy posters are saying you are a retard and the type who would put 2+2 moderator on your resume, or wondering if everything you touch turns to [censored], you have truly managed something.

congratulations on making yourself such a ridiculous joke that I no longer have to worry about anyone listening to you.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:03 PM

"I'm feeling rather mellow today"

Well THAT lasted 11 minutes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2006, 04:05 PM

[censored]

All you've proved is that you can dish it out, but "You can't handle the truth".
Old 07-06-2006, 04:10 PM

Dids,

<sigh> I tried