Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Ed Miller Resigned?

[ QUOTE ]
Having said that, I am very uncomfortable with some of the content on the forum... and much of it is the same content Elaine is uncomfortable with. This content, as well as the general tone and culture here, is largely what has gotten me down on participating. Frankly, I don't enjoy wading through misogyny, discussions of violence, graphic videos, and teems of know-it-all 19-year-old pricks with nasty quips and one-liners. It's not just in OOT... this culture permeates the forum these days. It makes me depressed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I couldnt agree more with this and perhaps this is the spark that could ignite some changes, something has to be done. The general tone of these boards cannot be good for the perception of 2+2 and in the end the business as a whole. This forum should be wholly treated as a face for 2+2 publishing and while it is great to generate traffic and discuss other things and build community it should be done around the uniting force of poker and not crude and disturbing behavior. I am not saying that the forum has this attitude in any way but a "traffic at any cost" attitude will, in the end, cause the death of a community like this. While OOT may have people that make the most posts or stay here the longest they are NOT the ones that are clicking through to your poker related ads, it is the folks in strat forums that are discussing poker that will generate revenue for those buying the banner space and in the end I think those companies would understand that move traffic isnt always the best traffic.
~Justin

Edit: Sorry if that came out to be one jumbled ramble, however, it is most definately THE penultimate issue facing this board today.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:33 PM

Ed,

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully you will keep your account and still post as time permits. I think as the 'fad' wears off the 'know-it-all 19-year-old pricks with nasty quips and one-liners' will move on and the mature audience will remain. I think that would be a much better posting environment for both you and Elaine (as well as the majority of other posters).

Thank you for all you have done for 2+2 and poker in general. Best wishes in all of your future endeavors!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Ed, for everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. Sorry to see you go. We'll miss you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-05-2006, 09:37 PM

I'm sorry things turned out the way they did here, Ed. However, I'm sure things will work out for the best in your life. From the reasons you mentioned it sound like this will be a very welcome change for you and your wife. Thanks for everything. It has been a pleasure working with you. I look forward to your upcoming publications and wish you all the best.

Cheers,

deacsoft
Old 07-05-2006, 09:39 PM

Hi Ed and Everyone Else:

As indicated, Ed just informed me that he is burnt out on the website and would prefer to concentrate on writing books. I for one understand that. While losing his input on www.twoplustwo.com will be very disappointing to us, the future books that he is capable of producing will certainly not be.

Everyone needs to understand that Two Plust Two was a happy little company with a happy little website three years ago, and then the poker boom hit. My life got turned upside down, as well as a few others. So when Ed says that he would like to play a little more poker and just concentrate on writing books, well, no one understands this better than me.

Also, Mat and I plan to spend a fair amount of time the next couple of weeks looking at the issues that have been raised about the quality of some of the posts, particularly those in OOT. As I've stated in some other posts, it's important that Two Plus Two not lose its sense of purpose which is to produce quality products, operate at the highest level of integrity, and treat others in a professional manner.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 07-05-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Ed, for everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. Sorry to see you go. We'll miss you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-06-2006, 10:36 AM

A point to those of you who dislike the current tone of OOT.

The point being TQZ/tl:dr is supposed to be a "cleaner" oot that's an alternative for you. I think diebitter and Sniper's mission needs to be rehabiliating that forum to bring that about.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Sorry if that came out to be one jumbled ramble, however, it is most definately THE penultimate issue facing this board today.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Penultimate" doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A point to those of you who dislike the current tone of OOT.

The point being TQZ/tl:dr is supposed to be a "cleaner" oot that's an alternative for you. I think diebitter and Sniper's mission needs to be rehabiliating that forum to bring that about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone care to explain what he's talking about, cos I keep reading it and it doesn't make any more sense each time...
Old 07-06-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Penultimate" doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Inconcievable!