Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Strange Spot with AJo - Pokerstars 15/30

I don't play much on Pokerstars, so I don't have too many notes on these players...UTG is my main opponent in this hand, and in my short time at Pokerstars, I have seen hiim around quite a bit. Either a pro, or somone who just plays a lot.

His stats are 26/5 ish on the limited hands I have with him.

UTG Limps, all folded to me in the Cutoff, and I Raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folded back to UTG, sho calls.

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he bets out. I pause for a while, as it smells like A5 or A6. I can find an argument for all three options (fold, call, raise), and none seems better than the other. I am curious, but I don't want to get reraised here. I call.

Is there an obvious choice here? His range of hands seems huge to me. I must admit that most hands that I am ahead of don't bet into me. But wouldn't two pair or a set go for a check-raise here? I just don't know.

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

He bets, I call.

If this was a shorthanded game, I think I would have raised the turn every time. But the UTG limp has me lost.

Your thoughts appreciated.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Strange Spot with AJo - Pokerstars 15/30

yea A5, A6, AT all look like strong possibilities. donk bets always have some confusion around them, but i find that when people are donking into broadway cards it's more often strength, whereas when they're donking ugly, low boards it's more likely to be a bluff because they put the preflop raiser on overs. this really does come down to whether you think he's more likely to be ahead or behind, and since this case more of his range beats you, it's a call down.