Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 11:19 PM

Default Speed v. Regular

I'm sure there must be at least several threads addressing speed games vs. regular games....I'm talking about 1-table SNGs here. I can see the pros of the speed games - more hands = more SNGs = more $$.....but, I seem to do much better in the normal-timed SNG games than the speed games - although, admittedly, I probably haven't played quite enough to really evaluate fully if there's a difference in my stats over the long run.

I don't mean to start a whole new thread to something that's probably already been addressed....so if someone can just point me towards an old thread which addresses the subject, I'd appreciate it.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Speed v. Regular

I would review your play on the bubble, esp 7-4 handed and when the blinds hit level 4. Turbos require that you have a firm grasp on bubble play in order to be sucessful
Old 07-06-2006, 12:03 AM

try posting this in the STT section for more help
Old 07-07-2006, 04:54 AM

Basically-
More time & lower blinds=better players come out on top more often. Regular Sng's have less variance(although w/ SNG's variance is still high) than Speed Sng's. While you can still have an edge with the Speed Sng's, your edge is much less, and luck becomes a much larger factor.

One thing to think about though, is that speed sng players are probably worse than regular sng players(although it's prob not that much). Also they take less time, these factors make speed alittle more profitable, but my opinion is that regular are much better and more profitable.