Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Did anyone else get screwed on the WPEX rakeback?

Ok here is what happened to me. I was very enthusiastic about World Poker Exchange, since I really enjoy fixed limit Hold'em but the rake kills you. So I joined WPEX early June and was very happy there. I received the email letter saying that there would be an upgrade on Monday, so I expected the rake payment to be slow. What I got was a payment about half what the WPEX cashier window promised me on Sunday night. I thought maybe it was an error, so I contacted live support and started to get the runaround.

First I was told that this was for tournies only. Impossible since in one month on WPEX I have only played like 5 tournies.

Second I was told that the amount I recieved was correct. Impossible since I played a lot more last week but got less rakeback than usual. Plus I earned way more FPP last week which is directly tied to rake. Finally it was their own darned cashier that tracked it for me all last week.

Thirdly I was told that they are compiling a list of players with my complaint. What the list is for or what is actually being done with it was totally unknown.

So I thought I would request the hand histories for last week and crunch the number myself. I was informed that this was "impossible" and there is "no access to that information".

I have tried to figure out any obvious answer. The rake I got was not the ammount it would have been if the counter had mistakenly added the previous two weeks together. The Amount I got for tournies still did not pay for the sit n goes I played. The rake I got was almost exactly half what I was supposed to recieve.

Hasn't this happened to anyone else? Did anyone else recieve less on Tuesday than they were promised on Sunday night? I am really bummed out. I wanted to make WPEX my permanent home.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Did anyone else get screwed on the WPEX rakeback?

UTK...what's that?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTK...what's that?

[/ QUOTE ]

UT-Knoxville I think. I did not even know they had the Internet in Knoxville!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:13 AM

I thought mine might have been a bit short when it came in, but then I realized I didn't really know how much I had before they credited me, and I didn't know how much I was supposed to be credited. It was something like $1100, and I got somewhere in the range of $1k, so I assumed the mistake was on my end. I still do, are you sure the numbers you have are correct?
Old 07-05-2006, 03:20 AM

I am small stakes so I check the cashier religiously after I leave each table to see where I am. My rake was supposed to be around $95 bucks (I was online sunday night at midnight) and I got around $47. I din't write down the exact amount since at the time I was a happy camper.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:32 AM

Oh, and I do know the difference between the weekly rate and total economized rake in the cashier. That was the first thing the phone support asked me, which was only the start of a polite yet totally useless conversation. The support had absolutely no idea what was going on, other than "we will have tech support look into it". What does that mean and I thoght I called tech support?!?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:58 AM

My girlfriend is about $40 down on hers. She was due around $190 but recieved around $150. Support haven't replied to her email. My rakeback seemed fine.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:10 AM

I got screwed. I just withdrew everything but $0.83 and will not be playing at WPX until they get their [censored] straight.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:15 AM

Mine was okay. $200 back. I played some on Monday and only earned $0.50 in rake though which I found a little odd. I'm willing to live through the hiccups and the tougher games though. I also can't seem to get 3 tables going without serious lag that makes me sit out, but maybe that's my PC...
Old 07-05-2006, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got screwed. I just withdrew everything but $0.83 and will not be playing at WPX until they get their [censored] straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus...what will they do without you?