Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How did I play it?
NH, well played! 2 13.33%
Donk play! 13 86.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2006, 01:29 AM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!
Default Help! I feel so transparent! (kinda long?)

I play 6-8 tables usually and my big problem is my turn play. Currently I am 26/20 at 100 NL and I make a lot of raises and I make a lot of cbs. I feel like everytime I cb, get called, and check the turn I am the most transparent piece of plastic ever. Especially OOP. I realized that I never check the turn a lot OOP after a pfr/cb. I feel like I am being floated to a point of ridiculousness because of that.

A few questions/points.

-# of tables hurts but I do have a pretty good database of stats. But besides the CB stats in PAhud, what other stats points me in the direction that a player is a floater?

- Is there any system that you multitablers use to remember either which table you have been a)raising a lot or b) had a few cbs fail?

-If you want I can post some more stats. Maybe I should be raising less EP and MP. Thoughts?

- Double barrels. Meh. They can be huge spewage without specific reads. Thoughts?

-How would I better mix up my turn play in/out of position?

Cliff notes- I suck.

Thanks for any responses. I could post specific hands/stats if you want me to.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Help! I feel so transparent! (kinda long?)

Och, it's you!

You were on a couple of my tables earlier (my username is oznol). FWIW I had you pegged as a good player.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:40 AM

The only useful advice I can give is:

1. play less tables for a while and work on finding good spots to fire 2nd barrels.

2. c/c and c/r turn more against aggro players. c/c with good but not great hands on dryish boards. c/r with monsters and good draws, and more on drawy boards.

Example: You have AKo, flop comes AT5r. You bet flop, get called. Turn blank. c/c that turn sometimes, then fire or c/c river.

Or: You have AcQc, flop comes KsQs5c. You bet flop, get called. Turn comes 8c. c/r it.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:41 AM

you don't suck, this is how it works. you will often be c-betting and giving up on the turn; most of these dudes just don't fold, this is the standard way to be a winning player at these stakes.

if you run into a tag/good player/2+2er, don't be afraid to repop preflop with junk, double (triple?) barrel, float, etc. against your average 100 NL idiot, you can play a more straightforward style.

oh, and stack-a-donk is a good line. if you are getting floated often, nail them with your overpair/set.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:44 AM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!

[ QUOTE ]
Och, it's you!

You were on a couple of my tables earlier (my username is oznol). FWIW I had you pegged as a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

fe,

Your frequent reraises were very tough. I pegged you as a pretty good player as well. Also I was playing about a c game.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only useful advice I can give is:

1. play less tables for a while and work on finding good spots to fire 2nd barrels.

2. c/c and c/r turn more against aggro players. c/c with good but not great hands on dryish boards. c/r with monsters and good draws, and more on drawy boards.

Example: You have AKo, flop comes AT5r. You bet flop, get called. Turn blank. c/c that turn sometimes, then fire or c/c river.

Or: You have AcQc, flop comes KsQs5c. You bet flop, get called. Turn comes 8c. c/r it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yad,

for someone who doesn't post a whole lot, I always remembered that you had very good posts.

Thanks for the advice which is very good btw.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any system that you multitablers use to remember either which table you have been a)raising a lot or b) had a few cbs fail?

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, PokerAce HUD is set to where I get to see my VPIP, PFR, etc. for each specific table and for each specific session. That way you don't see your overall stats but you see how you're playing at each table, and you still get to see your opponents' overall stats.

BTW, c/r the turn more.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any system that you multitablers use to remember either which table you have been a)raising a lot or b) had a few cbs fail?

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, PokerAce HUD is set to where I get to see my VPIP, PFR, etc. for each specific table and for each specific session. That way you don't see your overall stats but you see how you're playing at each table, and you still get to see your opponents' overall stats.

BTW, c/r the turn more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot I could post my own stats on the table.

Now c/r the turn more...

Obviously it will get predictable if I do this with made hands all the time, how often am I c/r bluffing and c/r with a draw? I'm guessing the last two require a read that he is aggro.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:01 AM

I checked the #'s I had on you from the last few days. The points made so far I have to pretty much agree with. There will inevitably be some tables you can raise more from EP and MP and playing ABC poker withthe cbets is near optimal. In the sessions I have with you from the last few days, you were down in three of them. In those, I have one or more "good players" in the three seats to your left. In the sessions where I have you in the green, this was not the case. This is where possibly dropping a table or two could help you recognize where you need to adjsut your game. Granted it's only a few hundred hands, but it may be something worth lookign into. Specifically, I would tighten up a bit in EP and MP and open up your reraising range in those situations. In short... I agree 100% with what Tannen said. May not be worth much, but hope it helps.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:05 AM

On last thought, one thing that you might not have thought about is that alot of 2+2'ers will recognize your name. This can be a huge disadvantage for you if you don't know who they are. I know it made a couple of plays much easier on my end. You probably didn't notice it, but I did throw a couple of inconspicous "sup bros" in the chat to try to let you know.