Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2006, 08:11 PM

Default Re: UB signing Boyd and the crew?/

Jen Smith from UB must be a F*cking moron. How can you be in the online poker business and not know about his checkered past. More reason not to play at this horrible effing travesty of a site. The site is going down the tubes..they just haven't realized it yet.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I too think I have played my last hands at UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never played on UB, but I sure as [censored] won't watch Mahatma nearly as often now!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:25 PM

~4 years is an eternity in the online poker world. I'm sure people who are employed in the business aren't given history lessons about what happened in 2002.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:03 PM

I saw Boyd signing autographs in the UB lounge on 7/3. I pointed him out to my wife and gave her the lowdown. Now even a non-poker player thinks he's a jackass.

That said, I do hope he is honestly sorry for what happened, regardless of whether or not those who lost money at his site ever get paid back (and I hope they do).
Old 07-05-2006, 02:30 AM

EDIT: i can't read
Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
~4 years is an eternity in the online poker world. I'm sure people who are employed in the business aren't given history lessons about what happened in 2002.

[/ QUOTE ]

then its up to people like us to make sure history doesnt reapet itself, yes?
Old 07-05-2006, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am aware of what happened with Boyd's original deal with FullTilt. I understand that one high-ranking FullTilt official got wind of the deal and chose to rescind it so that FullTilt would not have to associate itself with Boyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH, Mr Lederer. He does run all of Full Tilt ,right?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:40 AM

If Boyd were sorry for what he'd done, he would have made at least some effort to pay back those of us he defrauded. He turned down a deal to buy the Pokerspot software that would have given him $200,000 plus enough to pay those he owed because it required he leave the online poker industry for 2-3 years. When he was doing well in the 2003 WSOP main event, he said he could only pay people back if he won, even though 2nd place was $1,300,000 and 3rd was $650,000. His tournament winnings over the last 3 years are almost double what he owes the Pokerspot players and he hasn't paid a cent. I still check my email address I signed up for Pokerspot with and he hasn't contacted me since the last time he insisted my check was in the mail, sometime in the spring of 2001.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:02 PM

my comment will win most obvious post of the year:

If UB adds Dutch to team UB, I will be withdrawling my money with the quickness. Whoever is head of the department that came up with this bright idea should be fired.

And I dont know Dutch, I have nothing against him personally or know every little detail about pokerspot, but for me the bottom line is that he was associated with some shady buisness practices to say the least and at least from what i have read there has been no real closure or restitution to the people who got screwed. How UB could have him represent their site is beyond me. Keeping your money with a poker site is risky enough, it would be foolish to keep money in a site associated with people who have such poor judgement.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:48 PM

I understand why everyone who lost money thinks the guy is scum and they are probably correct. However, now that he has some money to repay people shouldn't we at least give him a chance to pay off his debts before we continually talk trash about him.