Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 01:04 AM

Default Re: How are these WSOP bets?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but the thing is, Hachem is horrible at poker. I would be surprised if either of them made anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your basis for this opinion is ... ?

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Because some people seem to believe that the last 4 WSOP champions are all donks that got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is clearly the assumption behind my comment. go back to your hovel .

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up dummy. dont make things personal sweetie. I was just stating what many people believe about the last 4 champs (not what i believe or what you believe).

I said "some people" not "El Ishmael".

God now i remember why message boards get a bad rep.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:43 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but the thing is, Hachem is horrible at poker. I would be surprised if either of them made anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because some people seem to believe that the last 4 WSOP champions are all donks that got lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure they all are. Along with anyone else who has outearned me at poker. Along with people who are better looking then me.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:38 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an idiotic comment. Last year Hachem played 2 events at the WSOP, he finished 10th in the $1,000 NL re-buy tournament and obviously 1st in the ME. For the previous 3 years, he had been supporting himself through poker. That is no donk.

With all that said, Raymer is a better player. Prior to his big win, he was a regular player at the $150/300 game at Foxwoods and many people invested in him prior to winning the ME. And oh by the way, finishing 25th the next year after the ME win in a field of 5,619 is pretty damn good.

Moneymaker may not be as skilled as these two but he still managed to cash in some other WSOP events after his win and did finish 2nd in a WPT event at the Bay 101.

I can't say much about Varkonyi simply because I don't know.

You should give WSOP champions some respect when they take the time to respond to your idiotic comments.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:49 AM

lmao
Old 06-26-2006, 07:09 PM

Disagree with the Tran/Pham bet.

JC Tran is the reason why.
But there are a couple of Pham's who might make this not TOO bad a bet.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an idiotic comment. quote]
ravenfan...

I dont know if that response is for me or MR. El Ish. so ill take it as directed towards me. And either way you really need to get you're nose burried out of all the WSOP champions collective asses.

I was just stating what many people believe about the last 4 champs (not what i believe or what you believe). You need to read more carefully. And if you dont think there is a lot of people who dont respect Varkoni, MoneyMaker, Raymer(less today b/c of his 05 run), and Hachem you just have not been paying close enough attention. Just like you didnt pay close enough attention to what i wrote.

back on point I still think the best bet is Moneymaker to win more than Hachem. B/c Moneymaker has stated that he plans to play almost every event this year and for all i know Hachem might just play 1 or 2 events. Ill take one mans chances in many events over one mans chances in a few events.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:50 PM

[And either way you really need to get you're nose burried out of all the WSOP champions collective asses.]...

[back on point I still think the best bet is Moneymaker to win more than Hachem. B/c Moneymaker has stated that he plans to play almost every event this year and for all i know Hachem might just play 1 or 2 events. Ill take one mans chances in many events over one mans chances in a few events.]

My head is not up anybody's ass. People who think the last 4 WSOP champions are donks just don't have a clue - since you wrote the comment and seem to agree with it, imo, you are clueless.

You actually think the current WSOP champion might only play one or two events in the WSOP this year? Based on that comment, it is obvious you are clueless. Which means it is a waste of my time to bother responding - what's the point?

Late.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[And either way you really need to get you're nose burried out of all the WSOP champions collective asses.]...

[back on point I still think the best bet is Moneymaker to win more than Hachem. B/c Moneymaker has stated that he plans to play almost every event this year and for all i know Hachem might just play 1 or 2 events. Ill take one mans chances in many events over one mans chances in a few events.]

My head is not up anybody's ass. People who think the last 4 WSOP champions are donks just don't have a clue - since you wrote the comment and seem to agree with it, imo, you are clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be the dumbest person on this board.

You have horrible reading comp skills. (show me once where i said "i think they suck" . You cant follow the simplest of thoughts.

In regards to Hachem not playing many WSOP events. Unlike you i pay attention to the world. Hachem didnt attend the NBC heads-up event(im sure you already know that) so why should i think he would make time to play every WSOP event?(like Moneymaker has stated he would, regardless if he does or not).

Its a bet . You have to take into account all the info that you have.
Unlike you i pay attention to past events and try to gage what might happen in the future. And if this was a bet i would take thats my reasoning in taking Moneymaker over Hachem.

I dont seem to understand you're unwaranted venom towards me or you're complete lack of understanding of my previuos posts.

I think you should try rereading them slowly and sounding out all the words slowly like a big boy. Then maybe you might figure out you're not making any sense and misrepresenting what was said.

" [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] imo, you are clueless." [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Which means it is a waste of my time to bother responding - what's the point? [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation = You(raven) understand you lost this "discussion" already and have not a clue what you're talking about. So why bother making a bigger tool out of yourself.

You puzzle me entirely sir. not only in how you can read something and not understand it but also how such a poker fan-boy feels like he's in the know when he could not be any more ignorant.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:36 PM

Its a bet . You have to take into account all the info that you have.
[Unlike you i pay attention to past events and try to gage what might happen in the future. And if this was a bet i would take thats my reasoning in taking Moneymaker over Hachem.]

BUY IN
$2,500TOTAL PRIZE POOL
$1,895,200ENTRIES
824ADD-ONS
FINAL RESULTS: Jul.02VIEW STANDINGS:
PLACEPLAYERPRIZE

1 Russ 'Dutch' Boyd $475,712

2 Joseph Hachem $256,800

So, you still like your bet okterrific? Your analytical skills are simply amazing - I am in awe.

Please give me your opinion of who has the best chance in the No Limit WSOP Ladies Event - you still like Moneymaker in that one or will Tilly defend?

With your strong analytical skills, you ought to be working for the Defense department or something, you're simply wasting your talent on these boards.

Good luck with the rest of your bets!
Old 07-03-2006, 03:02 PM

LOL results oriented but LOL