View Poll Results: Group 3 - Two vs. Fifteen
Bride of Frankenstein (1935) 58 58.00%
Phantasm 42 42.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2006, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Open letter to Censored

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm keeping a log. Do you want this last post to be on the record or not? Come on, Man, I don't have all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity, are you going to address my comment, or just stick with this?

[/ QUOTE ]
CMI doesn't pull any punches.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You've all ganged up on her because 1) she expresses strong opinions, and 2) she is Ed's wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to go on record and state that anyone who claims that part of this is because she's Ed's wife is going to have to explain why there were similar feelings towars Otis.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Agreed

2. You've been saying "I just want to go on the record" a lot lately. Is someone keeping a 2p2 record? Should I start "going on the record" more frequently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm keeping a log. Do you want this last post to be on the record or not? Come on, Man, I don't have all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon Dom, you are stretching the limits of believability with that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I do have all day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity, are you going to address my comment, or just stick with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I must've missed it...what comment?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is unfortunate more of LoL's etiquette has not rubbed off on elaine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure LoL is elaine's mother in law (Edward's mother), so by nature's law, they probably hate each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on their posts this stereotype appears misplaced. LoL or Elaine are free to correct my assumptions though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only speak for myself, but I certainly do not hate Elaine. In fact I am very much enjoying having a daughter-in-law. I also enjoy being part of an enlarged family which includes Elaine's mom and sister and precious little nephew (who will turn 7 next Saturday).

While Edward and Elaine are very much in agreement on most issues (although they express their opinions differently, their opinions pretty much coincide), I do not agree with all of their stances. For example, I am not a vegetarian and I disapprove of vegetarianism when it is justified on ethical/moral grounds (although I accept vegetarianism on health or aesthetic grounds). I also have a different view of the proper relationship between humans and other species than Elaine and Edward do. However, we disagree respectfully and without acrimony. I enjoy the vegetarian meals at Elaine and Edward's home and refrain from foisting items made of animal products on them. They have no problem when we are eating in restaurants and I order meat or fish. (Or at least, if they have a problem they keep it to themselves.)

OTOH I think all three of us are in general agreement on issues like women's rights (including reproductive rights) and capital punishment. But we express ourselves in three different ways according to our individual personalities.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:54 PM

this thread sucks
Old 07-03-2006, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is unfortunate more of LoL's etiquette has not rubbed off on elaine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure LoL is elaine's mother in law (Edward's mother), so by nature's law, they probably hate each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on their posts this stereotype appears misplaced. LoL or Elaine are free to correct my assumptions though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only speak for myself, but I certainly do not hate Elaine. In fact I am very much enjoying having a daughter-in-law. I also enjoy being part of an enlarged family which includes Elaine's mom and sister and precious little nephew (who will turn 7 next Saturday).

While Edward and Elaine are very much in agreement on most issues (although they express their opinions differently, their opinions pretty much coincide), I do not agree with all of their stances. For example, I am not a vegetarian and I disapprove of vegetarianism when it is justified on ethical/moral grounds (although I accept vegetarianism on health or aesthetic grounds). I also have a different view of the proper relationship between humans and other species than Elaine and Edward do. However, we disagree respectfully and without acrimony. I enjoy the vegetarian meals at Elaine and Edward's home and refrain from foisting items made of animal products on them. They have no problem when we are eating in restaurants and I order meat or fish. (Or at least, if they have a problem they keep it to themselves.)

OTOH I think all three of us are in general agreement on issues like women's rights (including reproductive rights) and capital punishment. But we express ourselves in three different ways according to our individual personalities.

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL, again I hope you will continue to share these opinions in OOT.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the topic of the magazine and things 2p2 has done poorly, they turned down an artcile submitted by Schneids because it was too strategy-heavy. Retarded--tarded once, then tarded all over again--Retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait.

Schneids, who is perhaps the most marketable and best testament to 2p2's teachings gets shot down and BVT gets to post nonsense.

The magazine is another fantastic point towards the "what is exactly doing on here" argument.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was before his PPM win, but it was still well after even the dumbest and most obvlivious 2+2 readers had realized he was a really bright guy, good writer, and great player worth listenings to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe I rejected anything from Schneids. Was it before I was doing the editing? In any event, I definitely would love it if Schneids wrote for the magazine.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the topic of the magazine and things 2p2 has done poorly, they turned down an artcile submitted by Schneids because it was too strategy-heavy. Retarded--tarded once, then tarded all over again--Retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait.

Schneids, who is perhaps the most marketable and best testament to 2p2's teachings gets shot down and BVT gets to post nonsense.

The magazine is another fantastic point towards the "what is exactly doing on here" argument.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was before his PPM win, but it was still well after even the dumbest and most obvlivious 2+2 readers had realized he was a really bright guy, good writer, and great player worth listenings to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe I rejected anything from Schneids. Was it before I was doing the editing? In any event, I definitely would love it if Schneids wrote for the magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure it was before you were in charge of the magazine.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:58 PM

Ed,

Next year you guys should really make sure that the blog Schneids is writing for his local paper is on 2p2 instead.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:04 PM

question

could you imagine how much money this business would be rolling around in if they had any sort of business sense and became poker site affiliates in the beginning?

and yes I am aware of the frankly stupid reasons they have for not doing it and my only answer to that is this