Phantasm 42 42.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Open letter to Censored

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[Censored} is not unstoppable.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to write [censored] or [censored] or [censored] rather than typing <bracket>Censored<bracket>.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I deliberately chose not to do as you suggest. I am just not as into verbal fecal smearing as some of you guys are [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-03-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[Censored] is not unstoppable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so funny, especially in the light of a conversation Ed and I had the other night about how the forum has become like The Matrix.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[Censored] is not unstoppable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so funny, especially in the light of a conversation Ed and I had the other night about how the forum has become like The Matrix.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean, none of this is real..... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2006, 12:49 PM

LoL, I don't dislike you at all. We don't share many of the same interests, so your posts aren't all that important to my enjoyment of this site, but you write and condcut yourself pretty well and that's to be commended. However, you seem to have these moments where you need to prerach to the mass of 2+2 about the way things are and the way they're going to be, this is annoying.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it is time for a little 2p2 101.

[/ QUOTE ]
2p2 101?!?! Are you really going to lecture me?

[ QUOTE ]
Mason Malmuth owns Two Plus Two publishing which he built from a one-man operation to the point where it is today the foremost publisher of poker and gambling books in the world. His business is obviously very important to him

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't doubt that it's important to him, that is why I'm so baffled by the way he runs it.

[ QUOTE ]
the overall quality of 2p2 books exceeds the quality of poker books available anywhere else (even if Cardplayer chooses to pretend otherwise).

[/ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity, what 2p2 book is your favorite? Which is your third favorite? Which non-2p2 books do you feel are viable competitors? What about the 2p2 books makes them better than their non-2p2 counterparts? For example, why is SSH/GSIH better than WLLH? Why is HEPFAP better than Mid Limit Holdem? Why is Ed and David's new NL book better than Pot and No-Limit Holdem?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[Censored} is not unstoppable.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to write [censored] or [censored] or [censored] rather than typing <bracket>Censored<bracket>.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I deliberately chose not to do as you suggest. I am just not as into verbal fecal smearing as some of you guys are [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be in your shoes, but it's quite liberating, and my road rage problems have decreased substantially!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. You've been saying "I just want to go on the record" a lot lately. Is someone keeping a 2p2 record? Should I start "going on the record" more frequently?

[/ QUOTE ]

I go through phases.

I just came out of a 6-8 month "Im not gonna lie.." phase. DEAL WITH IT!!

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 PM

I find that swearing when you know the censor will catch it is fantastic. It's like taking out you rage by driving agressively in a video game. All the vigor, none of the repercussions.

Note I tend to swear a lot.

I think LOL is a top 5 fav poster for me.

I also think that Mason's "word of mouth" idea of promotion kinda screwy and they've really luckboxed their way (not to say the content isn't fantastic, but that lots of fantastic content gets ignore with piss-poor promotion) into their marketshare and that I think in 2006 it's time to take a look at more advanced marketing and making the website more professional in all forums is a solid idea.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LoL

I don't think anyone is seriously questioning the 2+2 heirarchey.

All I try to do is make OOT the most interesting, most enjoyable forum that it can be. I have no other motivations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who thinks that you are the king of OOT and that Mat is the king of 2p2 doesn't understand the hierarchy at all. Anyone who refers to the ownerS of 2p2 doesn't understand either. A number of people benefit to one degree or another in one way or another from the profits generated by 2p2 publishing and website, but Mason is the sole owner of both.

People (Evan?) who think that Mason doesn't understand this business and doesn't know how to run it need to think again. It's not everyone who can start a business from scratch and bring it to the level of success Mason has achieved. Certainly the fortuitous arrival of the poker boom on the wings of televised poker has helped 2p2 immensely, but many other entrepreneurs, authors/publishers in particular, have also tried to take advantage of the poker boom with much less success. So 2p2 must be doing something right.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

People (Evan?) who think that Mason doesn't understand this business and doesn't know how to run it need to think again. It's not everyone who can start a business from scratch and bring it to the level of success Mason has achieved. Certainly the fortuitous arrival of the poker boom on the wings of televised poker has helped 2p2 immensely, but many other entrepreneurs, authors/publishers in particular, have also tried to take advantage of the poker boom with much less success. So 2p2 must be doing something right.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're heading down a very slippery slope.

Edit to ask: Do you play poker? Have you ever read another poker forum? How many poker players do you know personally (ballpark, obviously)? How many poker players do you talk to in an average week?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever heard of variance?