Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Re: So the final table of the 50K Horse event is going to be all NLHE?

[ QUOTE ]
The HORSE event at the WSOP will have a no limit final table because ESPN wants it that way. If the pros were to rebel and play HORSE at the final table instead, then ESPN would take its cameras and go home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if ESPN would pack up and go home, but it would certainly please me to see the players do that and watch ESPN eat a big pile of [censored].
Old 06-20-2006, 02:20 PM

For this event's final table to be televised, it really needs to be in one format and NLHE is the obvious choice. Imagine if they were playing HORSE, and because of the number of hands skipped, one hands was Hold Em, the next Omaha, the next Hold Em, over to Stud, etc. It would be highly confusing for the viewers. So I completely understand ESPN's desire and it all comes down to whether or not the WSOP wants it televised. If they do, it's NLHE. If not, they could do whatever.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:29 AM

If thats the case, then don't air it. The World Series of Poker is bigger than ESPN, and for it to revolve around it is a joke. I have the same problem with the WPT as they make players basically shoot craps for millions of dollars all to accomidate their tv show.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The World Series of Poker is bigger than ESPN...

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

-Z
Old 07-03-2006, 03:20 AM

This is totally BOGUS, did anyone watch the NBA Finals did Dallas and Miami just have a 3 point shooting contest or did they play a complete full contact game? At the Super Bowl do they switch up even though they've been playing football the entire playoffs and resort to a field goal kicking contest in the Super Bowl?

That's about how much sense this makes.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is totally BOGUS, did anyone watch the NBA Finals did Dallas and Miami just have a 3 point shooting contest or did they play a complete full contact game? At the Super Bowl do they switch up even though they've been playing football the entire playoffs and resort to a field goal kicking contest in the Super Bowl?

That's about how much sense this makes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No...everyone putting up the 50K knows that in the end it will be No-Limit Hold'em. You have to look at it as nothing more then a few name pro's looking for face time on TV and a superficial way of saying "hey I'm the real poker champion" when even though they're playing horse they still leave out Draw games and pot-limit games. Its nothing more then a poker event that you shouldn't bother caring or worring about. Just enjoy the show.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:41 AM

It seems to me that the Horse FT should be a really interesting final table even if it's going to be NLHE. The preliminary Horse rounds should leave only top all around players at the table.

While I would prefer a Horse FT I'd expect this final table to be more exciting than the ME FT.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that the Horse FT should be a really interesting final table even if it's going to be NLHE. The preliminary Horse rounds should leave only top all around players at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 50K Buyin will take care of that on its own.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:30 PM

If I am not mistaken, the idea to play NLHE at final table was at the request of the "Players Advisory Comittee", and Dan Negraneu in particular.

I am quite sure of that, so don't blame Harrahs.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I am not mistaken, the idea to play NLHE at final table was at the request of the "Players Advisory Comittee", and Dan Negraneu in particular.

I am quite sure of that, so don't blame Harrahs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about HORSE but it seems plausible that the format simply might not be suited to the shorthanded, shallow-stacked situation of a typical final table. Has anyone actually played in one of these things?