Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2006, 04:19 AM

Default food and impressive feats

today I bought a whole leg of lamb which I had never done before. It was like 7 pounds and I thought that was pretty impressive. I also imagined myself taking a big bite of it medieval style and thought that would be impressive too, but I actually ended up just trimming and seperating the muscles then marinading it in cardamom/ginger/garlic/onion/nutmeg/pepper yogurt sauce.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. The point is that I have been impressed by food and events concerning it for a while. Here are some things that I thought were cool:

-butchery
-buying a full leg of lamb and/or taking a huge bite of it
-my dad's claim that he ate 23 "farm ears" [according to him way bigger than average] of corn in an eating contest
-I ate 3 pounds of skirt steak once
-the double-knife chinese chopping technique
-iron chef america [not enough experience with the original to comment]

anyway I like food a lot and want to hear some more awesome stuff about it so tell me what it is and I'll tell you if its awesome or not
Old 07-01-2006, 05:28 AM

Default Re: food and impressive feats

When I settle down somewhere and have unlimited money from poker and my own property, I want to grow a vegetable garden / orchid then graft and breed my plants etc. Like you can have an orange tree with one branch for lemons. This strikes me as incredibly cool. You should read into this, it is VERY cool.

Much cooler than eating a lot of corn, anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2006, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I settle down somewhere and have unlimited money from poker and my own property, I want to grow a vegetable garden / orchid then graft and breed my plants etc. Like you can have an orange tree with one branch for lemons. This strikes me as incredibly cool. You should read into this, it is VERY cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's possible? That would be wicked cool.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Much cooler than eating a lot of corn, anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that is SWEET. Is this really easy to do?

Also I should mention that having a regular spice and/or veggie/chile garden is sick too.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:56 AM

When I was 11 or 12 I ate 18 hardboiled eggs. It took me maybe 20-30minutes. Afterwards I was in pain so hobbled to the living room, fell down on the couch and slept for like eight hours.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I settle down somewhere and have unlimited money from poker and my own property, I want to grow a vegetable garden / orchid then graft and breed my plants etc. Like you can have an orange tree with one branch for weed. This strikes me as incredibly cool. You should read into this, it is VERY cool.

Much cooler than eating a lot of oranges, anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-02-2006, 01:13 PM

One time at an all you can eat lobster dinner restaurant I ate a lobster, some side dishes, a bowl of soup, and about 400 muscles (4 1/2 gallon or so buckets full). Some guy estimated the calorie content for me later and his guess was over 5000, of which about half were from fat.

-SmileyEH
Old 07-02-2006, 01:19 PM

We used to eat at Denny's about every other week at 3 AM after finishing up at our college newspaper. Another guy and I frequently did various races or challenges, usually involving the Dagwood (a sandwich since discontinued, involving ham, bacon, egg with sausage bits, and three cheeses). We'd also get hashbrowns covered in cheese and onion. This meal totalled about 2000 calories.

I think his best time eating it all was 2 minutes, and mine was 2 minutes and 40 seconds. We'd usually end up clearing other people's plates too, because we'd eaten so quickly that our bodies hadn't realized yet that we'd just hit it with a full day's caloric intake.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:39 PM

If your dad ate 23 ears of corn his crap must have looked interesting.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:43 PM

I ate 2 footlong subs from Subway in one sitting.