Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 03:29 AM

Default 5/5 200/500 $1800+ pot = gross

This happened at the Majestic Star/Trump last night. The game is $5/$5 NL and 3 maniacs just sat down. On the first hand, the two maniacs post $5 and call a $50 raise from LP. They are all-in on a board of KJ3. Turn and river didn't matter. Seat 1 wins with KQo.

When seat 1 and seat 2 were involved in the hand, the bet was $75 - $85 into a $25 - $30 pot about 95% of the time. Later in the night, seat 1 and 2 are at it again. Seat 1 pushes for $160 into a $90 pot and seat 2 quickly calls $160 cold with AJ, looking for a Q for the gutshot. Sure enough he hits it. Here's the crazy hand:

6 to the flop, unraised. Flop is Qc9c3c.
SB: tight player, capable of moves.
BB: Had $1100ish one hand ago, wanted to leave soon. The last hand, he raised to $20 UTG, got reraised to $120 by a LP guy, he reraises to $270 and the LP says "Let's gamble" pushes $570 and he calls with JJ. LP had AK and spikes a K.
LP: Seat 1, will gamble with any draw, overbets the pot, etc.
Button: Was the LP in the last hand, will gamble in good spots.

SB checks, BB checks, LP bets $55 into the $30 pot. Button calls, SB check-raises to $155. BB pushes for $585. LP thinks, looks at his cards and calls. SB stands up and says, "I HAVE to call!" at which point the BB stands up as well. SB tables Kc9c. SB and LP still have money, but in all the commotion the dealer burns and turns... 5d and then 2c. When the 2c peels off, the LP yells "YES!" He rolls Ac7s for the 5 outer as the BB had flopped an 8 high flush.

SB abruptly leaves. LP begins to rack up his $2500 he had won in about 90 mins and exclaims, "I knew he [SB] was going to call, I had odds!"

Comments?
Old 07-02-2006, 03:37 AM

Default Re: 5/5 200/500 $1800+ pot = gross

Mo Paragraphs please. Break it up so I can read without wanting to rip my eyeballs out.