Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Swing Shift Bellagio--Bring floorman cash if you want to jump the list

VITAL POINT--For the sake of equal treatment for all, a dirty little secret needs to be exposed. I speak out ONLY after personally witnessing what follows and having had many locals whom I've known for years confirm this.

I am in LV for the WSOP and have seen this past week several instances of people paying off the floorman to avoid the very long wait for a seat and suddently be "first up." I have spoken with several of the locals some who pay off regularly (claiming they have to as "everyone else does" so they have to) as well as others who feel that they are getting shafted by not being agreeable to this shakedown.

I actually heard a discussion right at the table! One individual was actully quoted a price for getting to be first upon arriving in the poker room!

I am told the bald headed floorman on swing shift is the worst offender and that some of the others on that shift are just as bad. I am also told that the other shifts DO NOT do this. Bellagio has a lot of very good people why would they tarnish their room by allowing some of their employees to so brazenly corrupt the environment?

This concerns me greatly as I play for considerable money and don't have much faith in fair play there ON THAT SHIFT.

I have no problem at all toking floormen, I just DO NOT demand that they provide any unfair advantages from those tokes. My tokes are not conditional and I refuse to have tokes extorted from me for a seat.

The only solution is to DEMAND an electronic list as they have at the Wynn.

STOP ALL THE PAYOFFS THIS ISN'T BACKROOM POKER. What is next? Floormen making decisions based on who has toked them the most?
Old 07-01-2006, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Swing Shift Bellagio--Bring floorman cash if you want to jump the

[ QUOTE ]
What is next? Floormen making decisions based on who has them toked the most?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, like that would ever happen.....get real!
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2006, 12:39 PM

It is a real as your naivete. My comment was a concern about what happens when some are allowed to flagrantly violate the rules for payoffs. Stop the list bribing scheme or it will spread to other areas those on the receiving end may consider next.

I have no problem at all toking floormen, I just DO NOT demand that they provide any unfair advantages from those tokes. My tokes are not conditional and I refuse to have tokes extorted from me for a seat.

On my main comments, I spoke up only after speaking with many of the regulars. I did not write everything they told me as it would be too voluminous and some of the things they mentioned I was unable to positively confirm myself as I am only here briefly for the WSOP. However, I WAS able to absolutely confirm the payoffs for seat nonsense. This is a serious problem. If this is allowed to continue (and I realize it may happen elsewhere) then what will be the next accepted diversion from equal treatment? DEMAND AN ELECTRONIC LIST!
Old 07-01-2006, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Swing Shift Bellagio--Bring floorman cash if you want to jump the list

I have long suspected this may be the case as the arrogant swing shift bunch you mentioned at Bellagio have no strong competition in Vegas. While both Venentian and Wynn are great poker rooms they need to build up their business more. I sure hope they do. As this Bellagio situation continues it is an unfortante stain on not only the perception of poker but also those very honorable employees who strive for fairness everyday. I suspect that most other employees at Bellagio are aware of what is going on but are afraid of the retaliation if they speak up.

I agree with your idea completely-- Only ELECTRONIC LISTS as Wynn has will finally stop the gameplaying. Next time you are in the Bellagio poker room ask them why they refuse to get one.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Swing Shift Bellagio--Bring floorman cash if you want to jump the list

The more I think about your idea of the visible electronic list may be the only way to stop this nonsense. The ONLY people who would be against it are those who should not be in charge of the list anyway. I will ask Bellagio the next time I am in there what their excuse is for not having a verifiable electronic list in plain site. I hope others do as well. I'll report back on their response.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:39 PM

What's the going rate?
Old 07-01-2006, 05:59 PM

that poker room is way too [censored] small. you know it's bad when your 100/200 list is 40 deep...
Old 07-02-2006, 12:32 PM

I am told that ten bucks given to the "seat salesman" (err, I mean floorman) in charge of the list will get you put ahead of everyone who may have been waiting forever for a seat. How does a classy place like Bellagio allow a few of these lowlife floorpeople to do this? Many assume that this could only happen if the shift boss is getting some of this action to look the other way. It is a shame as most of the employees there appear to be very honorable and have concern for fairness to all and that it's just a few running the list who are the problem.

The ONLY solution is to do as Wynn has done and put up an electronic list in full view of everyone so that a few greedy lowlife floorpeople do not corrupt the whole system. EVERYONE going in the Bellagio poker room should ask them directly what their excuse is for not putting up such a visible list to put a stop to this. Please post what response you get here for all to see. Should be very interesting.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:46 PM

if you were making 12 bucks or whatever an hour, and someone threw you a $20 chip to hook him up with a seat, would you oblige, or would you stick to your morals in a city devoid of any? it's [censored] vegas dude. i've never tipped a floorman. i actually asked people for advice on doing it the other day becuause i don't know how to go about it. but half the city makes their money off tips
Old 07-02-2006, 03:17 PM

That it may go on is certainly the case. However most cardrooms have very strict prohibitions against accepting bribes for seats and those guilty would be fired. Would they risk their job for a tip? I doubt it. That is why what is going on at Bellagio is so problematic. With most of the employees probably aware of it, it continues as there is fear of consequences if they complain. Are any in higher positions looking the other way when players complain as some surmise? How else would this be allowed to continue for so long?

I certainly agree with you that there is an incentive for those who rely on "tips" but those who are entrusted with maintaining fairness to all cannot be allowed to profit from or have excuses made for this ongoing unfairness. I am sure you would agree.

That these few are willing to subvert the rules makes things much worse for everyone and only leads to the inevitable question of what else will they do for a bribe?

I believe what was previously suggested is a great suggestion, they must have a visible list and ask why they refuse to put one up. The list should not be a secret and should not be for sale.