Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Blind defense gone wrong - FCP 5+.5 rebuy

MP had been stealing my blinds a good bit, probably 2 times ever 3 rotations - or atleast it felt that way.

both of our stacks were around 30k, average stack at this time was around 15k. Blinds were 400/800.

MP minraised to 1600.
SB folded
I called with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

- Should I have just reraised here like 3k if I felt he was on a steal?

Flop:
J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet about the pot and he called.

Turn:
9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet pot again, he called.

River:
x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I checked he raised all-in I folded.

He won big pot.

Thinking back, should I have check-raised on the turn? Either all in or something like 15k. I hadn't been very aggressive at the table and he had been pretty aggressive.

Or would have re-raising pre-flop have been the best. I was getting tired of him stealing. So in trying to save 800 chips I lost 20,000 chips.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Blind defense gone wrong - FCP 5+.5 rebuy

compared to yuor stack those blinds are so small that I say let him steal all he wants. It wont give him a big enough stack to hurt you. You said it yourself you risked 2/3 of your stack for 800 not worth it. In my opinion you couldnt have done anything to scare him of this obviously from his actions. As for your check on the river you gave him the pot and made it seem like you missed your draw and you did. so I would just recommend not trying to make a stand with Q8 suited against a stack of same size as me and blinds so little. you gave yourself no information on his hand except he was on a steal well stealers can hit a flop too. Your Q8 is better in position then out of position. I would just fold preflop. You want position on this guy more than anything.