Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 05:06 AM

Default Re: contact lens

[ QUOTE ]
anyone here switch to contacts and never go back? - starting to hate my glasses but I'm 20/40 or so and not having clear vision is a pain in the butt -

I hate sticking things in my eyes - (as should we all) - is it something you can get used to? - anyone hate them and never go back?

RB

[/ QUOTE ]
I was a big pussy wrt to touching my eyeballs. It doesn't take long to get over it.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they're bothersome at first. but u get used to em.

id get em

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-30-2006, 05:15 AM

Ok tagtastic, you've scared me to death. I just took them out and I'm going to keep them out for a couple days. Anything else I can do?

PS- I assume that forgetting to take them out for the night occasionally isn't really a big deal?

As for the OP, I def recommend contacts. I had to sit there for 3 hours until I could put them in myself. When the doc first put them in it took him 15 minutes because I kept blinking- I was so scared I was shaking. But after a week or so of taking 20 minutes per day to get them in, now it's almost second nature. I still need a mirror though.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok tagtastic, you've scared me to death. I just took them out and I'm going to keep them out for a couple days. Anything else I can do?

PS- I assume that forgetting to take them out for the night occasionally isn't really a big deal?

As for the OP, I def recommend contacts. I had to sit there for 3 hours until I could put them in myself. When the doc first put them in it took him 15 minutes because I kept blinking- I was so scared I was shaking. But after a week or so of taking 20 minutes per day to get them in, now it's almost second nature. I still need a mirror though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah man that post scared the crap out of me too. I'm wearing my glasses for a few days.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:20 AM

I felt the same as you but got them for sports reasons. I'm completely used to them now and much, much prefer them to wearing glasses. I used to find them really hard and frustrating to take out 9for maybe a month - never had any real problems with getting them in) but it gets easy and routine. Go for it; someone will probably give you a free trial on daily disposables, see what you think.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:54 AM

All,

Do you have soft or hard contacts?
Old 06-30-2006, 08:58 AM

Wore contacts for many, many years. (And left them in too long with no damage at all.)

Got Laser surgery. BEST MONEY EVER SPENT!

Many laser surgery places will offer 0% financing. Do it. Now.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:01 AM

After the first day wearing them--I was 16--they felt totally natural and I've been wearing them ever since. I'm 31 now. It's gotten to the point where I can't tell I have them in by feel. If I think one has popped out I have to close one eye and then the other to check.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:04 AM

I'm a pretty good candidate for surgery and I haven't done it. I might have it done eventually, but it will be in like 15 years when there is enough sample to have a better understanding of the long-term effects.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:15 AM

I wear the Focus Night and Day contacts. You can sleep with them in and can wear them for a month at a time. I'll never go back to regular soft contact lenses. Highly recommend the Night and Days, well worth the few extra $$