Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 03:35 PM

Default Re: lets get yelled at by a bunch of 2+2ers

[ QUOTE ]
raising the turn is not good.. he c/folds any hand i beat on the river... and 3 bets or worse, c/rs any hand i cant beat on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like raising the turn rather than the river. I don't buy the assumption that he is folding any made hand you beat. Plus, he may be ona pure diamond draw or a flush draw + pair and will definitely call the turn raise, but may just check/fold the river if he doesn't improve (in the case of a pure draw at least).
Old 06-29-2006, 03:37 PM

ok, i am going for sure on friday... i lost 70bb on tuesday night WOOT and then caught a really sick cold from someone there. needless to say i am super excited to go back there tomorrow night...
Old 06-29-2006, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raising the turn is not good.. he c/folds any hand i beat on the river... and 3 bets or worse, c/rs any hand i cant beat on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like raising the turn rather than the river. I don't buy the assumption that he is folding any made hand you beat. Plus, he may be ona pure diamond draw or a flush draw + pair and will definitely call the turn raise, but may just check/fold the river if he doesn't improve (in the case of a pure draw at least).

[/ QUOTE ]

if i raise the turn he check folds any flopped 2 pair on the river... i promise u this.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if i raise the turn he check folds any flopped 2 pair on the river... i promise u this.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. If If he is that weak what makes you think he will call your river raise; or not just check-call a river blank for that matter.

2. I hope you are taking some shots at this guy.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:28 PM

Look if you put him on two pair or a set on the flop because of his three bet you should of laid your hand down on the flop. I don't care how solid he plays or how well he can read hands. If you show someone this kind of respect then don't get involved with him in the first place. For you to not value raise the turn or the river is a joke. Obviously if he three bets you you can lay your hand down at that point. If he is the type of player to call your turn raise and then muck two pair on the river then this is the type of player I want in my game. If he plays this tight then you need to take more shots at him in the future. Any scare card on the turn or river and you need to raise him up. Don't look for an excuse to play passive in this hand because there is no reason too. You just arent going to be up against a set enough to not raise here with top two.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:21 PM

That turn is a raise. If you thought he had a set of sixes or twos then u should have folded that flop. U raise that turn to make him pay to see that river.

U have to think u are ahead on that turn.

I rarely fold two pair on a board like this. Very rare, especially heads-up
Old 06-30-2006, 01:44 AM

agreed. i think there is good value in the river raise here, if he makes it 3-bets then you can fold if you feel hes that strong.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:54 AM

i like a river raise. you get paid off by a lot of hands.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:16 PM

Raise the river, show him KT when he folds. And then steal at least one pot from him later on with a river raise bluff.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:33 PM

Methinks you're giving your opponent too much credit.