Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2006, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Q9s

[ QUOTE ]
OK, maybe i'm trying to hand read too much. And maybe this only applies to better players which I can't say that he is with a limited read (He turned out to be TAG later on), but I hadn't noticed anything donkish yet. BB rarely has just a pair on the flop. He's raising if he does on this ragged board any pair that he's calling with. He prob has a a draw or a set.
On the turn, his draw either came in, he a straight draw that hasn't yet, or he has a set. I think b/3/b is prob better, but i wanted to get an extra bb our of MP. So I don't really like my turn decision that much. Also if he did call with a GS or OESD on the flop, it also came in or he has a pair now with an OESD and will fire.

On the river I think it's interesting. If I don't think he has just a pair on the flop, then I don't think the K gave him two pair. If he has a low diamond flush, or a set, or a str8, he's three betting the turn to eliminate or charge higher diamonds. His line made me think he wanted an overcall from MP. So what does that leave, higher flushes. That's why i think three betting the river is bad. But nobody ever seems to agree wtih my river decisions, so whatever.

I think i have one of the highest river aggs on the forum though (like 1.88 last time i checked), but i don't think this is a time to three bet.

Anyway, he had KTd, so once again my thoughts may be skewed, but my analysis during the hand is why i didn't three bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I agreed with you. It just looked like his turn call meant that he wanted the other player to remain in the hand, which is why I figured there was a pretty good possibility that he had a bigger flush when he raises the river. For that reason I would just call the river, and of course it would suck to have to call a cap.