Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Adderall and Poker

amen.. theres no way that will happen. the government has a nice little "rake" on every crazy pill.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:52 PM

I've tried addreall and it is great for poker, school, or whatever you need to concentrate on.

It affects some people differently. If you're a bit ADD, it will probably really help. If you're the opposite, whatever that is, it may just keep you awake and make you a little more on edge. (That's what happened to my friend when he tried it.)

I currently take concerta, which is similar but based on a different chemical, and it is great for poker if you're a bit ADD. I also used to keep my apartment in complete disarray, but now I clean all the time. My roommates call me "the cleanbot." Also, I've played about 165 hours of online poker this month in addition to several live sessions and probably wouldn't have done so w/o it.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 PM

My new roomate has a prescription for concerta. Is it the type of drug that has to build up in your bloodstream, or can you take one "recreationally?" I haven't taken adderall in well over a year now, it would be fun to take a big one and go to Reno for a marathon session.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My new roomate has a prescription for concerta. Is it the type of drug that has to build up in your bloodstream, or can you take one "recreationally?" I haven't taken adderall in well over a year now, it would be fun to take a big one and go to Reno for a marathon session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, doesn't need to build up. In fact, it's more noticeable after not taking it for a couple days.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:09 PM

Self diagnosing and self medicating are not a good idea. Be careful.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Self diagnosing and self medicating are not a good idea. Be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. See a doc.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:06 PM

Since we are on the subject, no one I know who recreationally uses adderall, or any other prescription drug, takes them on a daily basis. If I want to play poker for 12 straight hours, then I might take some ADHD medication.

Taking any drug that wasn't reccomended by a Dr. is a terrible idea, but I've got a sick and twisted mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride. R.I.P. HST.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:29 AM

In the early 90s, I took an Rx nasal spray that was off-label for alertness, and it worked very well, but I can no longer remember the name of it. Does anyone remember what I am talking about? It was wonderful -- no "noise" at all, you just suddenly realized that you were working so much faster and more efficiently without any fuss. Don't get old though. There's a lot of junk out there that promises the moon as far as assisting with age-related mental decline, short or long term memory, etcetera but I am not aware of anything that works. Does anyone know if Adderral works for an older person?
Old 07-01-2006, 11:23 AM

Adderral may have some side effects, but I wasn't a winning player until I was subscribed with 30mg XR. I can stay focused far longer than most poker players up until the twelth check min-raise on Party Poker. Then, I begin to have rage attacks and want to strangle my opponents.

mike
TheRailbirds
Old 07-01-2006, 05:45 PM

To someone without ADD taking adderal or ritalin is a retarted idea at best. This stuff is just glorified meth, and whatever short term benifits you think it is providing you with, it will cost you later. And there is a also a very real possibility that you could just drop dead from a heart attack at age 21 from just popping a couple of these.