Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Likely bot sighting on Poker Stars

[ QUOTE ]
When I got my gf into playing online poker....and to teach her how to play, I taught her the "push or fold" tactic (for pp freerolls and such)...that might be another explanation too.

[/ QUOTE ]

True.

Another odd thing, was that every decision took an exceptional period of time. It is folded to him in the SB (bb is sitting out), he takes 15 seconds, and folds.

I e-mailed stars support when I got time. It is actually much easier for me to make a post than e-mail support, because I am generally already logged into to 2+2. When I am multitabling I can still post. However, finding stars support e-mail address and then opening and logging into my e-mail, then typing up an e-mail takes away more of my attention.

Besides, I thought you guys liked these bot hunts.

I got the standard cut and pasted response from stars support. On a side note, I know there is a common belief that stars support is "better" than party poker support. I don't necessairly believe that is the case.

I could likely be overlooking something. Feel free to let me know if I am, but I have seen this.

Stars and party do the same thing. However, stars has more player friendly form letters. It gives the person a sense of importance. It makes you believe they care. Party's form letters have less tact. I don't believe that party poker takes more or less time or effort with each complaint. It is simply a matter of tact.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, finding stars support e-mail address and then opening and logging into my e-mail, then typing up an e-mail takes away more of my attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

support@pokerstars.com. What's there to find?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, I know there is a common belief that stars support is "better" than party poker support. I don't necessairly believe that is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Party only really cares when something affects them making money directly. Stars seems to be there for minor things that Party would just ignore.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I got the standard cut and pasted response from stars support. On a side note, I know there is a common belief that stars support is "better" than party poker support. I don't necessairly believe that is the case.

I could likely be overlooking something. Feel free to let me know if I am, but I have seen this.

Stars and party do the same thing. However, stars has more player friendly form letters. It gives the person a sense of importance. It makes you believe they care. Party's form letters have less tact. I don't believe that party poker takes more or less time or effort with each complaint. It is simply a matter of tact.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars support is vastly superior to Party's, Party is not even a close second. (Other smaller sites offer superior service IMO.)

There have been many instances of Stars coming on this forum to answer questions, even Lee himself responding.

Almost all of the emails I have sent to Stars received personal and prompt attention. I cannot say the same for Party at all.

MicroBob recently posted about trying to log in to Stars and being told that he was already logged in from another computer. He shot an email off to Stars, got a response in 15 minutes, it was a glitch, everything was fine, and he then was able to log in. In fact same thing happened to me last night as well and I received the same quick response.

PokerStar's & Party's customer service - Night and Day.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars support is vastly superior to Party's, Party is not even a close second. (Other smaller sites offer superior service IMO.)

There have been many instances of Stars coming on this forum to answer questions, even Lee himself responding.

Almost all of the emails I have sent to Stars received personal and prompt attention. I cannot say the same for Party at all.

MicroBob recently posted about trying to log in to Stars and being told that he was already logged in from another computer. He shot an email off to Stars, got a response in 15 minutes, it was a glitch, everything was fine, and he then was able to log in. In fact same thing happened to me last night as well and I received the same quick response.

PokerStar's & Party's customer service - Night and Day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some good points. I want to make it clear that I have no problem with the CS at stars. I think it is great. I also have no problem with Party. In my experience I have gotten similar treatment from them both.

Party poker has had multiple CS people on this board.

Lee jones may be on this board if he wasnt with Poker stars, but if lee jones wasn't on the boards, then stars would send reps like party does.

All my emails to party recieve prmpt attention, so do my emails to stars. I recieve form letters from both of them, so no personal attention for the inital e-mail.

I have no comparison to point 3.