Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 09:19 PM

Default Did I get too tricky with this hand? QQ @ 50NL 6m

I'm not sure how long villain had been sitting in this table, PT didn't have stats on him yet so not too long. I'm just wondering if I'm having FPS symptoms. This play is partly because players didn't seem to give enough credit for my raises and I tried to get some profit out of it.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($25.55)
Hero ($56.95)
BB ($67.65)
UTG ($38.25)
MP ($48.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $7.5</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($16.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP calls $10.

Turn: ($36.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, MP calls $31.45 (All-In), Hero calls $16.45.

River: ($99.40) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $99.40

I mistyped the raise preflop, I was aiming for a 3 put hit 4. Anyways my first thought was that villain might somehow see this big bet as a steal attempt and is making a resteal with a marginal hand or then he was planning this with aces or kings.

Flop was a pleasant surprise with a Q in it, tho K didn't make me happy. I figured if villain has kings I'm going busto here so I could just try to make some money if he's still trying to resteal this pot or he has aces. So I decided to make a smallish bet and villain calls. On the turn I figured that if he has kings I'm going allin here anyways so maybe I could act weak here to get some action from a steal attempt or from aces. How do you like this play?
Old 06-28-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Did I get too tricky with this hand? QQ @ 50NL 6m

I think it's fine. You can't lay down second nuts for an extra $15.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:27 PM

Looks pretty standard to me. I don't really see what you consider to be tricky about it.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop was a pleasant surprise with a Q in it, tho K didn't make me happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The K should have made you happy. It is unlikely that a villain holding AK would lose his money without an A or K on the flop.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:55 PM

Well I was putting this guy either on total crap hand or then aces or kings. So king being there makes kings a winner. Where as Q being the highest card makes both aces and kings an overcard. I really couldn't imagine villain having an AK for some reason.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:55 PM

Why lead this flop into the raiser considering the pot was already well built to get the money in?

I'd prefer checking and probably raising all-in depending on the size of his bet.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:03 PM

well that play would only get me allin with set of kings or maybe aces. If the guy was thinking that I'm just stealing this pot he could maybe call me with low pocket pair or try doing something stupid like reraise with nothing. I was just aiming to get some money from this guy if he was just restealing this pot preflop and all things are going to **** from his point of view. I was quite sure that if he has the aces or kings I'm getting the money in anyway.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:05 PM

this isn't tricky...this is very close to standard