Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 01:05 PM

Default Bob Brinker

anyone get Bob Brinker's newsletter? How is it?
Old 06-26-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Bob Brinker

[ QUOTE ]
anyone get Bob Brinker's newsletter? How is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a subscriber since 10/02. I highly recommend it as a supplement to your own investment reading/learning/research. Just as valuable to me are his weekend radio shows (mostly the monologues and guest interviews now since I've been listening so long that most caller questions are repeats of questions I've heard before). I subscribe to his OnDemand service as well and download the radio shows to my iPod for like $4 a month.

Finally, his market timing calls have been excellent (ok, QQQQ-trade people flame away, I've already posted me views on a previous timing thread). One of the most important things I've learned from Brinker is to view market action in terms of secular and cyclical trends. Following Brinker's model, I believe we are currently in a cyclical bull market that has yet to climax so I can weather the current downturn believing that new recovery highs are yet to come. Therefore I don't get shaken out during corrections. Also following Brinker's model, I believe that we are in a secular bear market that started in early 2000 and therefore a simple buy-and-hold strategy for the duration of the secular bear would not produce any significant returns (note that I'm refering to major market indexes as the main core holding as Brinker recommends).
Old 06-28-2006, 10:39 AM

I guess all the subscribers have posted by now. I received a sample copy a few years back, and on that basis I didn't see a lot of value in a subscription.

With rare exceptions (such as UTEK), Brinker doesn't cover individual stocks, so what you get are mutual fund recommendations and updates on the Bob Brinker Timing Model.

Some of this information may be freely available via the radio show, and is readily available on the various independent discussion sites (do a Google search for "Bob Brinker discussion").
Old 06-28-2006, 06:17 PM

Does anyone have a copy of the 3 portfolios listed on his site? I was curious what they contained but you have to be a member to view them