Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better? Coke or Pepsi?
Coke 43 53.75%
Pepsi 37 46.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Should I have punched this guy in the mouth?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I]

the problem isn't that he in a vacumn did this. the problem is what that implies about everyone else's rights as well - why cant I also park in the fire lane? what if I'll only be in there 10 minutes? 15? the only solution is to have no one park there ever if you want to avoid a total cluster-[censored]. tthe fact that he either doesnt realize it or thinks he is above it is what makes him a douche. the pot example does not have that property at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats my point. Most people don't park there not because it will cause anarchy, but the consequence of receiving a $100 ticket is detterent enough. The OP's choice of parking there does not make him a "douche" but someone who made a choice to risk the ticket, just like driving over the speed limit. If he gets a ticket it's on him, not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he is is ready to accept the responsibility/risk of driving really drunk and putting innocent people's life at stake then I should have no problem w/ it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, becuase DD and illegal parking are REAAAAAAALY similar in regards to public safety. moran.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:12 PM

The main purpose of fire lanes is not for fire trucks. The red paint is most often there for traffic control, and to deter douches like the OP from parking in areas that can cause congestion and blind spots for other drivers.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:14 PM

Speeding and DD are simular. They put other peoples life in danger. [censored]. I was responding to his speeding reference.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if everyone parked in the fire lane chaos would ensue if there were ever an actual emergency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. If everyone started parking in the fire lane the grocery store would handle it by imposing larger fines, putting a boot on vehicles, etc.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:30 PM

I'm actually with Villainaire and Guids here.

For those who are slamming him, whats the difference in your opinion if Vill is illegally parked in a handicap spot?

He's parking illegally at very little impact to the general public, willing to risk a ticket and pay the associated fine in trade for added convenience. Speeding is the best example that I've seen put forward - you're late for a meeting, you do 15 over to get there on time - you're trading conveience for a risk of a ticket (and a very very minimal risk to the general public, assuming you're not speeding through a school zone or residential neighborhood).

Yeah, its a dick move. No question. Just like parking in a handicap spot without a permit or a million other things.

But this jackass had no right to hop in his car. yeah, odds are I'd drop the guy if I were in that spot if it looks like he's stealing [censored] from my car. If I managed to be calmer about it, i'd most certainly drag his ass to management and threaten to press charges, if not actually doing so.

Now, I don't generally do these sort of things (park illegally, take up two spots, etc) because you're very likely to get your car [censored] with. But does he deserve to get his car [censored] with because of it? absolutely not.

Did anyone call OP a douche yet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if everyone parked in the fire lane chaos would ensue if there were ever an actual emergency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. If everyone started parking in the fire lane the grocery store would handle it by imposing larger fines, putting a boot on vehicles, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF?! A grocery store is there to sell groceries, not to deal with a bunch of people parking like a-holes.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:33 PM

Preformity,

Nobody is going to argue that somebody getting in his car is ok or justifiyable, it's a non issue.

The fact that people are making up retarded defenses for the OP acting like a selfish dickhole is a lot more entertaining to talk about.

El D outlined well why stuff like this does affect people. Moreover, people willing to do [censored] like this are very likely to be [censored] in other ways. If you would like examples, go to V's profile and look at ALL OF HIS OTHER POSTS.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the difference in your opinion if Vill is illegally parked in a handicap spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally think parking in a handicap spot is way worse than the fire lane unless there's more than 3 open handicapped spots. I'd feel bad if I took a spot from someone who's really handicapped, but I have no remorse for parking in the fire lane.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:41 PM

if you're willing to pay a fine for parking illegally on private property, perhaps he's willing to get punched or get into a fight for moving your car. or maybe he's willing to pay a fine. you should have writen him a ticket.