Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: PokerStars new Beta software

[ QUOTE ]
I have just noticed that the beta folder has it's own notes.txt file. So any player notes you have taken in the beta client are not going to be included in the main client. At least that's the way it appears to me.

We probably should have copied the main notes file over to the beta folder before taking any notes. I sent an email to support asking if we can combine these two files. I'm guessing you can just copy and paste the beta text into the main text file and be okay, I just dont want to risk losing all my notes in the main file.

edit: duh. I guess I could make a backup of the main file and try it. what a dufuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I did:

1. open notes.txt in PokerStars folder
2. open notes.txt in PokerStarsBeta folder
3. copy text from beta file
4. paste to end of main file
5. save main file
6. copy main file to beta folder
7. point pokertracker import/export player notes to the beta folder.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bet amount are still the same.

Do you really take care ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This, along with several other issues that have been reported, has been corrected. We are reading every bug report that is posted here and emailed to us and working to correct each as quickly as possible.

Thanks again for the feedback,
Mike
Old 06-28-2006, 04:01 PM

We truly do appreciate, and respond to, the feedback on this forum. To use one example illustrating this, a player here noted an issue with Omaha hands....

"Mike - I multitable PLO8 on your site... one glitch that I have found with the beta software...

Sometimes my 4 hole cards will overlap over my buy-in amount on the table. This glitch seems to be more prominent when sitting in the far right seats or at the bottom of the table.

After that post, I spent a significant amount of time re-mapping the display of Omaha hands across all themes on the site.

We're definitely watching 2+2 in general and this thread in particular. Please keep the feedback coming, by all means.

--
Bryan S.
PokerStars
Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM

Thanks Bryan, after I play a few more hours, I'll try to give you feeback.

As far as the other posters in this thread... Seriously, no one cares what color you want the poker table to be, or if you find the Ace of Spades ugly... get a life. Give the PS support team some constructive feedback for Christ's sake.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:46 PM

Mike and Bryan,
I have personally logged over 40 hours with the Beta client, sometimes playing as many as 9 SNGs, and I have had absolutely no problems. I know this isn't going to help push the wide release up, but I wanted to tell you guys that the work you've done this far is awesome, and keep it up.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 PM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!

Any time frame on when this will be submitted to the actual site?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:08 PM

Ok, I guess you make your best ( now I am so tired and want to sleep ), but it seems you didn't made anything about what I said. I can't explain again, but I hope you will change it soon.

ty best regards

Ryendal
Old 06-28-2006, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I guess you make your best ( now I am so tired and want to sleep ), but it seems you didn't made anything about what I said. I can't explain again, but I hope you will change it soon.

ty best regards

Ryendal

[/ QUOTE ]

Was your problem that the bet/pot amounts weren't bolded? IIRC that's it. I agree that bold text would be best for these items. Right now, with the default theme and my custom black background image the amounts aren't bolded but they are definitely readable. If I don't get bold I won't leave or anything.

Don't go too hard on these guys, your english isn't exactly crystal clear. Don't think I'm berating you because of this either; definitely give them some quarter or see if you can communicate via email in your native language.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:33 PM

to say the least, I will simply buy two 20" monitor because it is not readable to play a lot games with the miniview. I am not too hard. I think I was very clear. I gave the example of prima poker , where the bet amount is VERY clear under their mini-view. Is it because my english is so bad ??

I think I am very clear. I don't want to use the new resizable option, this option is not good now. We have a copy of the party interface here, and party is not good.

Damn, the way to understand that is to imagine what would be the best and do it ! nothing else. A copy of a dumb interface is not a genius way.

I simply want to see easily all bet with a mini-view, is it so hard to understand ???????

And the chips are totally useless for that. In french we call that " bon sens ".

Ok, somewhat I get nervous when something is very obvious and nobody agrees ....

OK OK, good luck, I will buy my monitors since it is such a big deal.

Best regards
Old 06-28-2006, 10:53 PM

Don't buy new monitors yet, its still in beta. Who says they aren't working on it.