Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better? Coke or Pepsi?
Coke 43 53.75%
Pepsi 37 46.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Should I have punched this guy in the mouth?

I don't feel like I have the right to park in the fire lane or that I'm better than everyone else, but I'm willing to pay any fine or parking ticket that could arise out of this. If it's so wrong for me to park there, I should be ticketed, or the fire engine can bust out my windows to put the hose through. (Not very likely since I can't see the fire truck showing up in less than 2 minutes, but whatever.)

I'd just consider it the cost to park there. Maybe they could get a valet service as well. That'd be sweet.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, what the [censored] does it matter how much his car costs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you need to change the batteries in your sarcasm detector? (Please park responsibly while you run in and get some.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Duly noted. Lately I've been seriously underestimating how ridiculous OOT has gotten, so mistakes like this are bound to happen.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:48 PM

A scene of Curb Your Enthusiasm

Larry and Jeff in Larry's office. Larry is at his desk Jeff is on the couch:

Larry: Oh, so U know that store on Pembroke, the one with
the fresh squeezed Mango juice?
Jeff: Are you kidding, I can live on that stuff.
Larry: Isn't it great. Well on the way home I stopped to get
a few bottles. I parked my car in the fire lane and
ran in. I come out, the guy who collects the shopping
carts...is in my car.
Jeff: What the [censored]?
Larry: I know, isnt that crazy?
Jeff: What was he doing in your car?
Larry: He said that he didn't like that I was parked in the
fire lane and he teaching me a lesson.
Jeff: He is nuts.
Larry; Nuts? This guy should be put away, some people.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:01 PM

1fog,

Well done.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The answers are all throughout this thread; you're a douche for parking in the fire lane, the employee is a douche for infringing upon your personal property and space, and you are obviously wrong in that you should have been buying more than 2 Naked Juices (nice pickup there, M. Warsaw).

The answer on how to handle it has also been repeated, use a parking space like the rest of the world, you are not special and report the employee.

Here's an incident that a friend and I witnessed a few years ago: I guess this guy had been circling the parking lot we were in for a long time and the rage had completely built up. The lot was very busy and full. Some jackass doubleparked his Jaguar taking up two spaces, the guy stops gets out of his car and jumps on the Jaguar's hood until it was caved in making a "V." We sat there and watched, completely shocked, everyone that was going to go into the restaurant stopped to watch this as well. When he was done he stepped of the hood of the car, went into his car and wrote something down on a scratch piece of paper and put it under the Jaguar's windshield wiper. My friend and I, run over there (after he drives off obviously) to see what he wrote and it said, "learn how to [censored] park, [censored]." Maybe this will be your car one day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!

A few years back I was driving an absolute POS -85 Honda civic. It was smaller than a bug. A group of us go out for the night to the Irvine Spectrum, which is like a huge collection of restuarants and bars and such. The parking lot is packed and we find a brand new mustang convertible parked across 2 spaces... but not so much that I can't slip my car into the remainder of the space. So the other 3 guys in my car pile out and I pull in w/ <6" of space between my passenger side and his driver side. We get wasted and take a cab home that night (which was the plan and the reason we took my car because who cares if it gets f-d with while left overnight). I just wish we could have been there to see dude when he got back to the car. I f-ing hate people that think there is a special set of rules for them.

~FishNChips
Old 06-28-2006, 03:02 PM

It's a matter of courtesy, you [censored]. The fire lane isn't a separate parking lot for the lazy who won't mind the fine. It's there for fire trucks (and from what I've seen, pickup/drop off of groceries). Logic like this makes me wonder how people get so ignorant.

Now I wish the grocery employee took your car.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a matter of courtesy, you [censored]. The fire lane isn't a separate parking lot for the lazy who won't mind the fine. It's there for fire trucks (and from what I've seen, pickup/drop off of groceries). Logic like this makes me wonder how people get so ignorant.

Now I wish the grocery employee took your car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

Plus, the walk from the parking lot to the store is good exercise. It's a healthy choice...like drinking fresh juice.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:19 PM

Ha, I love how Tyler Durden popped in just to call OP a douche. Too funny.

Villianaire,

"I'd just consider it the cost to park there."

Did you read the non-negligible number of posters who said that they or people they know key cars like this all the time? Did you add that into your "cost" of parking in the fire lane?
Old 06-28-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, did the OP leave his car running for two minutes beside the store while buying some boos

[/ QUOTE ]
Excuse me, did you just ask if the OP was buying some boos?
Old 06-28-2006, 03:26 PM

I dont get why everyone here thinks they are the police, or even the moral police for that matter. Get off your [censored] high horses. If he wants to park in the firelane and risk a ticket IT IS NONE OF YOUR [censored] BUSINESS. It would be one thing if there was more than a .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 1% chance of his car actually causing any harm, but there isnt. If it were me, I would have ran over the kid in my car, than dumped him in a grocery cart.