Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: The Vegetarian Torture

what a great thread. so it doesn't appear as though I'm choosing sides, I have temporarily reverted to a more vegetable-friendly avatar.

with that said, though:

Elaine doesn't "own" her cat: lol, you're [censored] crazy.

Vehn's comments: lol, you rule.

LoL: you're overrated, but everybody likes you anyway.

KKF: excellent posts thus far.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hence there are many animals with more intelligence and compassion than some retarded people.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But retard meat tastes funny and is a little too stringy for my liking.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:33 AM

Paluka,

How do you feel about our new religion that is going to involve eating parts of Evan?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW Elaine and her sister became vegetarians in early childhood, and they are both healthy, fit and attractive women.

[/ QUOTE ]

elaine is at least 15 lbs overweight and her husband is 40-50.

[/ QUOTE ]

I eat french fries, M&Ms, and vodka for breakfast every morning, and I'm going to live to 150 no problem.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
elaine,

could you please list your points on why you are a vegetarian along with explanations and information please?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have various reasons for my lifestyle.

I think lifestyle choices come mostly from habit, and just as you and Vehn eat meat from habit, I don't. I have been on this planet for 30 years and 24 of those were as a vegetarian. I became veggie at age 6 when I announced to my mother that I wouldn't eat my friends anymore. She accepted this decision of mine because a)she's an ultra-hippy who let her kids make all kinds of decisions on their own (and so I usually wound up going to school in some weird clothing and hair concoction of mine that made me an outcast with the nerds and gay kids... alas, that's a tale for another day) and b)she had just had her gall bladder removed due to gall stones due to terrible diet and she needed to change her own diet immediately and drastically in order to improve her own health. So, my mother, my sister and I converted to the dark (green, leafy) side.

Praise seiten, as it were.

As the years went on, I swayed between vegan and lacto-ovo vegetarian. I have settled on lacto-ovo now because well, it's more convenient. I have never had any serious health problems other than a recent development of allergies and asthma that I think is most directly related to living in a high density, polluted, urban environment and my 6 year smoking stint. No doctor has ever told me that I need to lose weight. They have encouraged more exercise from time to time, most recently because my cholesterol is "too low." But I've never been outside the bounds of reasonably healthy according to any doctor.

The reason I'm overweight, though it's none of your business, is because I am not currently doing enough cardio and because I'm consuming too many calories. I've been in a bit of a marital bliss and I've let my weight slip. I've been eating more fatty foods lately and I've been doing less kick boxing.

My current reasons for staying vegetarian are:
-It's better for the environment
-It's better for my health
-It's better for animals
-I don't really like meat (though I can't honestly say I've given it much of a try)
-I'm used to; it's easy
-It suits me and my personality
-I don't like associating my regular, daily activities with pain and death, so I try not to

So there. That's my story.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW Elaine and her sister became vegetarians in early childhood, and they are both healthy, fit and attractive women.

[/ QUOTE ]

elaine is at least 15 lbs overweight and her husband is 40-50.

[/ QUOTE ]

I eat french fries, M&Ms, and vodka for breakfast every morning, and I'm going to live to 150 no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like beer and bangers myself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2006, 12:46 AM

Elaine, serious question: Have you ever gone to a high end steak restaurant and had a well cooked and prepared steak?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:46 AM

how do you distinguish between the pain and torture of the killing of animals and plants? Do you think plants like to be killed and eaten? By all effects and purposes the same thing is happening, you're killing the flora/fauna to eat it, both types are dead no matter what it is. Do you not hear the trees screaming????
Old 06-28-2006, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Elaine, serious question: Have you ever gone to a high end steak restaurant and had a well cooked and prepared steak?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the most retarded, of many retarded questions in this thread.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you distinguish between the pain and torture of the killing of animals and plants? Do you think plants like to be killed and eaten? By all effects and purposes the same thing is happening, you're killing the flora/fauna to eat it, both types are dead no matter what it is. Do you not hear the trees screaming????

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you're joking or not here, but I do know a guy who has gone along these lines of hearing plants scream and so forth. I think he was reading after some indian author. Had little rituals to perform if a plant was damaged and so forth. I don't know how you get around walking on grass and so forth...who knows.
Closed Thread