Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 09:05 PM

Default BW3 Trip Report

After work today, and on the way to my night shift at another hospital, I needed to eat dinner. The night shift job is at a hospital in the northern suburbs of Chicago, where there isn't a single decent place to eat (near Vernon Hills - please send suggestions!).

So I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings which recently opened up. I ordered 18 wings, half hot, half spicy garlic, a small potato wedges and a diet coke. About 20 minutes later my food arrived. Now, I understand this isn't fine dining, but I was hoping for a plate. Nope, three of those rectangular cardboard boat things, plus a fourth with napkins. No blue cheese. I didn't think I'd need to order that separately, but I guess I was wrong.

Then I looked in the carboard boats. These were the scrawniest, boniest looking wings I've ever seen. The sauces were congealing on top, and no steam was rising off of the wings. Not promising.

Then I tasted. Hot first - not particularly spicy but normal buffalo wing flavor. I expected more from the third hottest sauce on the menu. Plus, they were lukewarm and the sauce was gloppy. Then I tried the spicy garlic. They were just nasty. I can't really describe the flavor, other than to say it was like hot buffalo wing sauce, with an extra unpleasant ingredient added. I'd guess it was burnt garlic, but nothing on the plate was hot enough to get burnt.

So, what am I missing? This place flat out sucked and I can't imagine wanting to go back.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:56 PM

Default Re: BW3 Trip Report

your local store must really blow. typically when i dine-in or carry out, my wings are ready in about 5-10 minutes. always hot and haven't had the "scrawniness" issue either. love them wings.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your local store must really blow. typically when i dine-in or carry out, my wings are ready in about 5-10 minutes. always hot and haven't had the "scrawniness" issue either. love them wings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuesdays are 30c wing nights too!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuesdays are 30c wing nights too!

[/ QUOTE ]

I left this out. My bill was a lot less than I anticipated. However, the food sucked at any price.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:28 PM

As far as wings go, they really aren't that good.

Why would you expect them to be awesome, it's a huge chain.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:29 PM

Skip the wings... go on 50 cent LEG night. ( I think wednesday or thursday )

I like the sweet barbecue and the mesquite hickory sauces, as well as the plain 'hot' wings.

Have always been very meaty there..maybe you got a bad batch.