Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Folding a tabled all-in hand @Bay101

[ QUOTE ]

This is improper. The reason the TDA calls for the hands to be turned up is that you are not allowed to fold a winner in a tournament. Everyone in the touranment has a vested interest in the pot going to the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just collusion protection? Or something else as well?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is improper. The reason the TDA calls for the hands to be turned up is that you are not allowed to fold a winner in a tournament. Everyone in the touranment has a vested interest in the pot going to the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly to prevent collusion. There are certain situations where a player will be trying to keep another player in, not in a collusive sence but because it is in their interest to have them in (think of the bubble when a big stack is stealing blinds left and right because nobody wants to go out, if a small stack calls him he might want to fodl his winner to play on the bubble longer etc).
Old 06-27-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly to prevent collusion. There are certain situations where a player will be trying to keep another player in, not in a collusive sence but because it is in their interest to have them in (think of the bubble when a big stack is stealing blinds left and right because nobody wants to go out, if a small stack calls him he might want to fodl his winner to play on the bubble longer etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that would be just smart poker [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But, since one couldn't distinguish between collusion and smart play, that makes sense also.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that would be just smart poker [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But, since one couldn't distinguish between collusion and smart play, that makes sense also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the other players sitting around have a vested interest in the short stack being eliminated and getting on with things. It has been long eough that I don't see things turning back, but this turning the cards up when someone is all in was very contraversial when first introduced.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are not allowed to fold a winner in a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can this rule be found on the internet? Anyone have a link?

[/ QUOTE ]

TDA Rules
Old 06-27-2006, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dealer awarded the pot to seat 7. Some of the table commeneted to seat 1 that he had the flush and seat 1 complained. Dealer immediately called the floor and explained the situation. Floor asked to be sure that the player folded his hand before the river card arrived and upon getting that confirmed ruled that seat 7 is entitled to the pot that seat 1 had abbandoned his hand.

Oh, and in full disclosure I was seat 7, and didn't at any point demand the pot but was more than happy to accept it (I still busted out before the money though - karma maybe).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it disturbing that dealers aren't trained to stop players from mucking tabled hands in tournament all-in situations. The rules don't allow it, the dealers should be following and enforcing the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case the dealer really didn't have a chance to stop him. He was looking at the board and had the deck in one hand and was tapping the table with the other and the seat 1 person was sitting next to the much acted so fast it was unstoppable. So I wouldn't blame the dealer for that action.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:54 PM

88 folded his hand, why was there a river card? As soon as he mucks his hand, the hand is over. AA wins.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not actually positive what this rule is saying, but I think it applies:

http://worldseriesofpoker.com/downlo...WSOP_RULES.pdf

Rule 64

[ QUOTE ]
Harrah's dealers cannot kill a winning hand that was turned face up and was obviously the winning hand

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think rule 64 applies. Rule 64 (and some of the other online rules stuff) only talks about the dealer killing the winning hand. They don't talk about the player himself killing the hand.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not actually positive what this rule is saying, but I think it applies:

http://worldseriesofpoker.com/downlo...WSOP_RULES.pdf

Rule 64

[ QUOTE ]
Harrah's dealers cannot kill a winning hand that was turned face up and was obviously the winning hand

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think rule 64 applies. Rule 64 (and some of the other online rules stuff) only talks about the dealer killing the winning hand. They don't talk about the player himself killing the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The distinction does not matter in this case. The hand was tabled and everyone saw it. Nothing can prevent it from winning but a fouled deck.