Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 09:02 PM

Default Re: uh oh...(Money advice needed, Badly - kind of long)

Take on board all of the above advice - especially getting a job, and in the mean time start to build your bankroll for free at this site http://freepokeraccounts.com/index.html#POKA12.

Good luck buddy.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:06 AM

Do not spam your affiliate stuff on these forums.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also contact Neteller ASAP and explain the situation to them. Being proactive here makes them much more amenable to working with you. Take care of this pronto, because if they pursue legal action, not only may your credit rating get screwed, but if neteller asked you to confirm that you were over 18, or they transferred money to any site that required you to confirm that you were over 18, fraud may into play(although I doubt that they would really want to prosecute). You said you are 18 and have been playing for about a year, so I'm guessing that you started when you were under 18.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I would be proactive in this situation. You not paying is a no win situation for Neteller. I am sure you can work out some sort of payment plan.

Good luck.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:02 AM

I totally agree with being proactive and I would strongly urge you to take a look at your age group and their extra curricular activities. Go to your local Marijuana dealer and buy an Ounce of Swag for 80 bucks. Sell 1/8th for 25 dollars. Your making 120 bucks..then keep rolling it over. Although its illegal I'm sure you could find 8 friends that smoke alot of weed and would be happy to help you out. Cheers
Old 06-27-2006, 08:34 AM

Easily the dumbest idea yet suggested. Explain that one to your parents, OP.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do not spam your affiliate stuff on these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't. i have no association with the site. I am merely in a worse situation than this lad, and i am rebuilding my bankroll for free at this site. That was not an affiliate link. it was genuine advice. Marijuana idea worst idea yet.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:12 AM

My apologies. The "POKA12" part of that URL looks like an affiliate code.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:31 PM

Most banks have what is called overdraft protection for your checking account.

Explaining your situation to your bank will not help your situation, but inquiring whether they have overdraft protection may.

If you have anyone who can loan you the money short term, you need to cover whatever you are overdrawn in your checking account, because your problem will be compounded by NSF check fees (Not Sufficient Funds)--both your bank and whomever you wrote checks to will charge you.

Whatever method you come up with for making sure you have a real-time knowledge of your balance, adopt it now. I use a spreadsheet. Don't rely on calling your bank to see what your balance is. This will never reflect recent transactions.

You're not stupid--you've just made the kind of mistake we all make at least once (and hopefully only once) in our life. The very best way to handle it is to be upfront and honest. Go to the places you've written checks to and explain yourself--they may not charge you "bad check" fees.

GL