Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Default UB $2/4 KQ

Unfortunately, I left this game just after this hand so I don't have stats on this villain. I'm not so sure that my raise is standard. Obviously I'm in trouble against any of the three big sets as well as AT. I'm not sure if I can fold a T with my raise, but I figured I could put the later players in tough spots by making them face the two BBs cold. Any thoughts? I hated the three-bet in addition to the river because I'm now losing to AA.

The BB three-bet preflop so let's put his read-free range on JJ-AA, AK. I'm dead to KK, a monster dog to QQ, a big dog to JJ, a big fave to AA and AK. The thing is, when I put in this pop am I preventing myself from getting money from the weak players in behind who might be drawing dead while at the same time getting HU with a player who has me really slaughtered a lot of the time? Is this a WA/WB spot on the turn or should I be too scared to not charge the in behind players (who could easily have tens). Keep in mind that I'm going to get three-bet by an in behind player with AT some percentage of the time.

Also, what do people think of the flop play? Given my read-free range of his three-bets, at this point I'm only ahead of the QQ and I figured I would take a turn card for just the one SB.

I'll put the results in the next post.

Ultimate Bet
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2./$4
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $108.75
UTG+1: $57.75
CO: $79.25
Button: $181.75
SB: $146
BB: $45

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#r">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, 2 folds, <font color="#r">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 4 players)
<font color="#r">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 4 players)
<font color="#r">BB bets</font>, <font color="#r">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#r">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#r">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 14.25BB
Old 06-27-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Results

The player who three-bet the turn HU OOP must have been a complete donkey. I would like to get thoughts of the play read-free for this reason.

He had AQ and was drawing to I guess seven outs (four tens for the nuts straight and three aces for top two). The river jack allowed me to take down a pretty big pot.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:30 PM

Default More reads

For people who are interested, UTG+1 is a 50/20/2.2/135 player. CO is a 40/3/2/122 player.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:28 PM

Default Re: UB $2/4 KQ

I would have raised the flop and you have to call the river.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:59 PM

The only thing I do know is that the flop call is standard. Otherwise I'm not sure honestly; I can't resist raising top 2 but I know what you mean by wanting to invite overlay from the others even if they have a few outs vs. you. It's also possible that they share the same outs as BB, which also is an argument for calling. I think the pot is big enough that you just have to raise &amp; roll the dice that he doesn't have a set though and curse your lousy relative position. Also, KK/QQ have to be slightly discounted based on the fact that they're case pockets. I also think your analysis of the game is pretty good fwiw.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:14 PM

Preflop is standard - you might want to examine your preflop play a bit if you are unsure of what to do with KQo UTG. On the flop you need to do what you can to protect your hand and gain some information. As you played it, you have to call down from the turn but can expect to be losing a solid % of the time.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:19 PM

Yeah, I thought of editing my post. The original title was "UB 2/4 KQ turn decision" so I meant the turn raise.

As I look back at the hand, it's possible that my turn raise could have folded hands like AJ as well which actually were drawing pretty thick against me (3 Aces for first and fourth, 2 Jacks for trip jacks, 4 tens for broadway) for about 20% equity (against MY holding - not BBs as well).
Old 06-27-2006, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, what do people think of the flop play? Given my read-free range of his three-bets, at this point I'm only ahead of the QQ and I figured I would take a turn card for just the one SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't put people on such a narrow range of hands, especially readless. This flop is not a WA/WB scenario.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Re: UB $2/4 KQ *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mister Z
Old 06-27-2006, 05:27 PM

It is a rare player that will three-bet out of the blinds with less than (TT)-JJ-AA, (AQ)-AK. There is no need to risk money HU in a pot against a player you don't have a read on when 4 other players at the table have every single statistic about how they play glowing in pretty colors above their seats.

Even this hyperaggressive donkey had me badly dominated with my KQ before the flop. I sucked out on the flop and then he hit a "two-outer" to lose a lot of chips.