Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 07:26 AM

Default Cheaters(TV show)

Sometimes I am up late playing poker or doing something else, and that show Cheaters comes on. For those of you who don't know what the show's about:

From Wikipedia:

Cheaters is a weekly syndicated reality TV show, where licensed private investigators spy on someone's mate who is suspected of cheating with another person.

The show begins with a brief interview with the 'plaintiff' and a description of the suspect. Then the investigation tape rolls and as they show the video footage of their investigation, a narrator explains what's going on to the viewing audience. After the week-long or sometimes longer investigation, the host of the show, Joey Greco shows the footage to the person who suspects their mate is cheating. After they view the often graphic video evidence of their mate cheating, they then go confront the alleged cheater as they are out with the person they are cheating with. Often during the confrontation, either a nasty verbal argument occurs, or physical violence. The show often shows updates from past guests to see if they are still with the person who cheated. At the end of the show, the producers often show an epilogue of the plaintiff, suspect and the mate of the suspect.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way- what do you guys think of the show?

I have some definite beefs with it:

1) By my count there are at least 3-4 male cheaters profiled for every female cheater. I thought that just as many females cheat as males, or that it's at least pretty close? There is an obvious bias here because there's no way that's twice as many males cheat as females, let alone three times or four times. Maybe one of the OOT females will chime in that females are more justified in cheating or stupid [censored] like that- I don't want to hear it, so save your breath.

2) Most of the people on this show are incredibly unattractive and are dating fellow unattractive people. There was one episode I watched last week where this welder's wife was cheating on him. She had to be at least 220 pounds, blonde, real white-trashy. I don't know how someone who looked this ugly could ever cheat on anyone. The guy was certainly better looking than her and certainly could have done better. But if this hog would cheat on him then what help is there? None I guess. Couldn't we have least one episode where the people are remotely attractive? They usually manage this on [censored] like Elimidate, so why not here? Maybe I'll get to Elimidate in another thread.

Oh and this thread isn't designed to turn into a discussion on cheating- maybe I'll make one of those another time, but I want this thread to focus on the show.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Cheaters

I think the answer to both your gripes is to consider the type of person that will have their case investigated by the show. Females are probably more likely to rat out ther cheating boyfriends than guys. The same thing with attractive people. People who present themselves as attractive care about what people think about them, and wouldn't want to humiliate themselves on tv.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Cheaters(TV show)

[ QUOTE ]

1) By my count there are at least 3-4 male cheaters profiled for every female cheater. I thought that just as many females cheat as males, or that it's at least pretty close? There is an obvious bias here because there's no way that's twice as many males cheat as females, let alone three times or four times. Maybe one of the OOT females will chime in that females are more justified in cheating or stupid [censored] like that- I don't want to hear it, so save your breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe dumb bitches are more likely to want to get on a show like that?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People who present themselves as attractive care about what people think about them, and wouldn't want to humiliate themselves on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elimidate. 40-50% of girls on there would register a 7 on the scale.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:26 AM

My problem with the show is when I used to watch it, a couple of years ago, almost every scenario seemed so setup, with really bad actors.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who present themselves as attractive care about what people think about them, and wouldn't want to humiliate themselves on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elimidate. 40-50% of girls on there would register a 7 on the scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the same thing. The humiliation faced on elimidate isn't equivalent to having the shambles of your personal life displayed as a big joke for all to see.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with the show is when I used to watch it, a couple of years ago, almost every scenario seemed so setup, with really bad actors.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but supposedly it's all real. not sure what i believe.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:32 AM

I think it's real, that Joey Greco guy that was doing it thought it was part of his "Christian Mission" to expose cheaters. I know a girl that went up to Evangel College with him, some Jesus school in Missouri, and I guess he's kind of a tool.

Also, he got stabbed in one episode! I think that was real.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:45 PM

This show is so good. Stay away from the uncensored DVD though. Man that [censored] was butt. It's basically 45 minutes of DVD and 30 minutes of that is some dude [censored] some old hag with his briefs still on in the missionary position with the hag wailing and moaning in that shtty night vision green color. It goes on way, way too long.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Cheaters(TV show)

It's a horrible, horrible show.
That said, I have to admit I've seen a few episodes and they can be pretty funny. People are just soooo stupid.