Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Folding (or not folding) bottom set against complete donk, Dise $1

Here's the thing: If you feel really powerfully about your read, sure, you can go with it, but at the same time you shouldn't post the hand if that's the case, because nobody was there except you and nobody can provide advice based on your read.
If you want advice on what to do in a situation, you'll be provided with that advice, and mostly you'll hear that it's crazy not to try to get all your money in with a set in an online tournament.
But if you have a read that goes contrary to what is the mostly correct thing to do in a tournament, and you want to trust that, then do it. Posting it then arguing for it is a futile endeavor.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:39 PM

Nath- These are all good points, I certainly didn't post this to start an argument, or to brag about what a "killer" read I made (I prob shouldnt have posted results). As you can see, I suck at posting hands. The hands I struggle with are usually very read dependent, so they are tough to post and also generate lousy discussion. This hand obviously seemed deeper to me than to others, so yeah, not the best hand for discussion.

I guess my goal of posting this was to see if others interpret the obvious donk-slowplay minreraise the way I do. Also, because even though I've done well in tournaments, I don't consider them my strong point. I struggle with when to trust my read and make big calls or big folds when basic MTT strategy gives me an overwhelming reason to do the opposite. This hand was an example of that, but its unfortuneatly not a part of the game that can be discussed well online. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I certainly appreciate you, Adanthar and others taking the time to respond. I'll always prefer an "lol" from a top player than no response.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:21 PM

I usually stay away from Mini-raises from donks.