Default Re: best song of 2006

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
seemed like people like the best album post so here goes:

S.O.S. by Rihanna

discuss!

You're joking

There is NO way possible any top 40 can make it in here...if it does, your taste in music [censored] sucks and your ears should be severed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for someone as stupid as you to chime in. So what's your favorite song of 2006, and what would happen if other people actually liked it as well?

idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have one yet, give me till December.

I really wouldn't care if other people liked it. Point is Rhianna is hardly even music. It's like computer generated sound from a Nintendo game. This [censored] only made to appeal to the millions and millions of high school girls out there. Good voice and all. But, there's a real lack of talent in almost every other facet.

Seriously though, Rhianna, Chamillionaire, you have to be pulling my [censored] leg.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:54 PM

Who cares if it sounds like a computer generated sound from a nintendo game, if it's catchy and melodic, and has a nice chord proggression and nice rhythms, its a good song. This song has all of those, mainly because it samples tainted love, but it's still good. It could've been written completely by a computer for all i care, but you can't deny a catchy tune.

The talent when it comes to writing that sort of song, is writing the hooks that appeal to everyone, that, is a hard thing to do.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares if it sounds like a computer generated sound from a nintendo game, if it's catchy and melodic, and has a nice chord proggression and nice rhythms, its a good song. This song has all of those, mainly because it samples tainted love, but it's still good. It could've been written completely by a computer for all i care, but you can't deny a catchy tune.

The talent when it comes to writing that sort of song, is writing the hooks that appeal to everyone, that, is a hard thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I really don't find it catchy at all.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seemed like people like the best album post so here goes:

S.O.S. by Rihanna

disgusting!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

FWIW; "A Studio -SOS"
Old 06-26-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really wouldn't care if other people liked it. Point is Rhianna is hardly even music. It's like computer generated sound from a Nintendo game. This [censored] only made to appeal to the millions and millions of high school girls out there. Good voice and all. But, there's a real lack of talent in almost every other facet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bad thing?

BTW Rihanna is hot. Her music is pretty good too
Old 06-26-2006, 11:20 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait have you actually listened to the song?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait have you actually listened to the song?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I hadn't listened to the song before making my initial post. However, some how I knew this song wasn't even remotely close to best of '06 material.

I listened to it, and yeah, it's not good. I mean, I could never catch myself, or any other guy my age actually pumping this song in my convertable while driving down the 505.

R&B/top 40 just isn't my thing.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:56 AM

Islands-Rough Gem
or
Gnarls Barkley-Crazy
Old 06-27-2006, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RIDIN DIRTY - CHAMILLIONAIRE FT KRAYZIE BONE

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, all of chamillionaire's songs have great lyrics, but I don't think ridin dirty is exactly best song of the year material. If he had released "Fly as the Sky" or "turn it up" in 2006 I think those would be up there for song of the year. In fact I like "bad guy" "In love with my money" and "In money we trust" all better then Ridin dirty.

TI's what you know is def up there I think, but if thy start playing "ride with me" on the radio (off the same album) I think that song will get more attention.

Songs that havn't been out long enugh but I think could become "song of the year" (for the rap side that is) includes

Shoulder Lean by Young Dro
Ridin Rims by Dem Franchise boyz
Husla muzik by lil wayne

[/ QUOTE ]

I got so tired of Ridin' Dirty in about a week, same with the rest of Chamillionaire's songs. But I agree with you about Ride Wit Me, that song is so hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know I enjoy the speed of Chamillionaire's lyrics. Ridin dirty tends to be slower, I guess that's the reason I don't care for it.

Also to absoludacris, chamillionaire isn't exactly mainstream. He may not be unknown like the bands you mention but he is far from pop culture imo. And I agree that pop culture hits for best song are lame, and most the time people that enjoy pop music are lame. Only way I'm hearing songs by Shakira or similar singers are when I'm seeing there video on TV and I can't find the remote and press mute.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I listened to it, and yeah, it's not good. I mean, I could never catch myself, or any other guy my age actually pumping this song in my convertable while driving down the 505.

R&B/top 40 just isn't my thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't find it catchy, w/e. But I don't like R&B or top 40 that much, and there's no way I'll be "blasting this in my convertible," but I still think it's great.