Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 10:29 PM

Default Re: KK hand, live 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
so you c/r the flop.. and he cold calls.. the J comes on the turn and you're already worried about a 10 sliding off on the river?

how about you just bet right out on the turn, and if he bumps you.. you call down or fold.

im not so sure worrying about a 10 sliding off on the river is your problem here.

worrying about the guy having a set of Q's or J's could be the issue, not only that, but he may think you're the one w/ the set of Q's and he has AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not so much that I'm focused on a T coming, it's more like that's the final nail in the coffin as that leaves me only beating AQ and tying KK, his two most unlikely holdings.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the best move is to just go into passive mode and check/call the whole way. The pot is too big for me to want to fold a hand as strong as KK, but your opponent has shown enough strength that I wouldn't really want to put in extra bets with it against a tightish opponent. Check/calling isn't the most glamorous option, but I think it is the best.

Just my opinion...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you c/c down from the flop or the turn? I think my hand got substantially weaker on the turn here.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:22 PM

I agree with this, C/C the whole way is what I would likely do also, given the Op's situation. Different characteristics of an opponent would change my approach, but I think going passive is best here.

pal
Old 06-26-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you c/c down from the flop or the turn? I think my hand got substantially weaker on the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

flop, turn and river.