Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Neteller

Is neteller not available in some states? I am from maryland and have just set up a new "poker funds bank account" after reading all of the FAQ's and books and am starting my quest to get serious.

There is no "maryland" selection choice on the neteller page. What should I do?
Old 01-15-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Neteller

netteller doesn't allow you to set up an account if you live in Maryland. I think it may be the only state where that's the case. I live in MD, and have to use firefox as a result, which has been fine for the major sites but has prevented me from using some of the smaller, European ones.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:25 PM

Call 1 (866)383-5537 or 1-86-neteller (same number). Ask them directly what your options are.

Monty
Old 01-15-2006, 09:09 PM

How much (if any) do I need to keep in my Neteller account to keep it open? I've been reading a bunch of "building a bankroll" posts and everyone seems to just pop money in and out as they go from site to site for bonuses. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer with the search function.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much (if any) do I need to keep in my Neteller account to keep it open?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no minimum balance.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:59 PM

I have not ever had a problem letting the NeTeller account sit empty while cash was dispersed on several sites.

Right now I am not playing cash so it is safely back into NeTeller. As a courtesy to them and for safety reasons for me I like to keep inactive bank amounts in NeTeller.

As to how long it can remain empty is a good question. Mine sat without cash for at least 2 or 3 months once with no problems. Ask them they will tell you but I suspect they don't care since they want your business next time you deposit.

Certainly if you find out otherwise come back and let us know. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The option I never leave money sitting in is the NeTeller Debit card. This company is under the control of another group so if there is cash left there for any reason I re-deposit it back to NetTeller at no charge.

Monty
Old 01-16-2006, 10:26 AM

I left mine empty over 8 months and no problem when I cashed out some money right before christmas.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the help. I'm just starting out and the money I've been leaving in there still accounts for a good chunk of my BR. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]